Part eleven

WITHOUT REALIZING IT, they had been playing for almost an entire hour. This time Draco had to guess and got it.

Annelisse smiled at him for it as she walked over to him and sat next to him on the floor.  Both were silent, although words were not necessary either.  They enjoyed the simple presence of the other and they wanted with all their might to tell it, to tell each other how they felt, but all this had caught them off guard and they felt scared.

Annelisse moved her feet nervously,   he liked being with him, or rather, she liked Draco. When she was with him, she felt somehow complete and even though she did not know it, Draco felt exactly the same way about her.

She rested her head on Draco's shoulder and let out a small sigh as they both continued to stare off into nothingness. When he felt her, felt his heart race again. He turned his face slightly, watching her for an instant and smiled happily at having her like this next to him.

None of them cared about anything at all.  At that moment they felt as if only the two of them existed in the world and everything was perfect.

"You know? I've seen you play Quidditch. You suck."  She taunted Draco, causing him to turn his face to her.

"That's not true. I'm the best seeker in Hogwarts."  He replied proudly.

"I'm sure I could catch the Snitch before you."  She continued to provoke him.

"Do you wanna bet?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Please, do you wanna lose, Malfoy?"  She snorted.

"Who lost the airplane competition and owes me a prize?"

Hearing that, Annelisse raised her head to see him better, frowning "Because of your plane. If it hadn't hit mine, I would have won."

Draco laughed once more when he saw her like that "We'll have to do another one to break the tie, then."

"When you come to my house, we will go up to the roof and launch them from there." She smiled at him.

"Or you could come to mine."  Draco blurted out.  Annelisse's eyes widened at that, she did not believe what he had just asked her and a somewhat silly smile appeared on her face because of it.

"Draco Malfoy, are you inviting me to your house?"  She raised an eyebrow.

"And if you tell someone, I'll deny it."  He joked.

Annelisse just continued to smile widely, leaning back, although inside she was happy, jumping up and down with joy.

"You know? I'm glad I got locked in with you."  She said, turning her face to look at him.

Draco did the same and their gazes met.  They both stayed like this for what seemed like an eternity, as if they were seeing each other's soul through their eyes.

He could not get the same idea out of his head;  kiss Annelisse.  He wanted to do it, he wanted to know how well tasted her lips were, he wanted to show her how he felt with them, showering her with kisses.

But he could not.  He remembered Annelisse's words, pushing that idea out of his head. She had never kissed anyone and thought, What if I'm not the right one?  So he decided to respect that and put up with it.

What he did not know was that she, Annelisse, wanted him to do it.  She did not know if Draco would be the right one but she wanted him to kiss her, for him to feel the same way she did.

"And me, Lisse."  Draco finally answered, letting out a sigh.

He was also grateful for it, he was having one of the best days of his life.  He was grateful to what had joined their paths for having met Annelisse.

The noise of a cat meowing made them both look.  Buttons had woken up from his nap and he was coming towards them at a slow pace as he stretched out his paws.  When he reached them, he approached Draco and Annelisse could not help but be surprised.

"I see you already have a new favorite."  She raised an eyebrow, speaking to Buttons and Draco gave a little laugh.

This one, raised leaning on Draco and he took him in his arms while he lightly caressed him with his hand.  That image, Annelisse found it very sweet.  Who would have said?  Draco Malfoy with a cat.

Draco laid his head on Annelisse's lap as he placed Buttons on top of him.  Both caressed Buttons and he rubbed against them, asking for more.

"Do you know why I called him Buttons?"  She said as continued stroking him.  Draco looked up at her. "When he was little, he would rip every button off any shirt I had. He ripped them off—" Annelisse waved her hand, expressing herself as if she ripped something off "—and then hid them under my bed."

"Really?"  He raised both eyebrows in surprise.

"Yep." She nodded "He's always been a bit naughty."

"I like cats."  Draco said, looking back at her "I always wanted to have one but my parents don't want animals."

"That's sad."  She pouted slightly. Annelisse did not understand how someone could not have pets at home. For her, it was the best thing in the world to have an animal to keep you company. "OH," She said, opening his mouth, having a somewhat crazy idea "We could adopt one and have it here at school."

And even though the idea was crazy, Draco loved it.

"I would like that."  He replied with a smile and Annelisse smiled back at him.

She brought her hand to Draco's hair and began to stroke it with her fingers, seeing how he closed his eyes slightly because of the pleasure that caused him.  Again, Annelisse felt the urge  and wanted to kiss him, but how? She thought. She had never felt something like that, never had to deal with a boy she liked, much less stay locked in with him.

Meanwhile, Draco felt like the luckiest boy in the world. Annelisse Haunt had stolen his heart incredibly quickly. She had broken down all those walls that over the years he built, separating himself from people or any kind of feeling. He felt like Annelisse had saved him.

And for the first time in a long time, Draco Malfoy wanted to fight, live and let himself be loved.  He wanted to be the best version of himself and it was all thanks to Annelisse Haunt.