Chapter 34

Sakhi stares at me for a good 2 minutes. I can feel his eyes smearing on me. If he wants to say something the speech is open.

"Staring is rude Mr. and you have something that belongs to me" I say. He chuckles and look away.

"I am trying to read your face. Actually I want you to know that I did not do this intentionally. I just couldn't leave her at the club, we tried looking for accommodations all around but couldn't find one. I even called my friend Musa to ask him to accommodate her in his apartment but he had already left with the keys. I wouldn't jeopardise your relationship with Zweli like that" Sakhi says after handing me the coffee and cake.

"Also I drank your coffee cause it was getting cold, so I made you one" he adds. I just smile.

"It's okay. I just hope it's good and with Primrose situation don't sweat it, I guess other things are up to the person whose expected to act right and that's not you" I say sipping on the coffee. Not bad

"I just feel bad cause she seemed egoistic and we agreed that she'll leave in the morning but she is still here" he says

"It's okay man. By the way what are you doing here?" I ask as if he is in my house. He looks with me "girl really?."

"Come on you know what I mean" I say and he chuckles

"I was collecting some parcel and I am returning back with you guys" he says

"The way you just said 'parcel' sounds like it's drugs" I say. He laughs and becomes serious instantly.

"Nah I don't do that, I mess up with bigger dogs" he says with a guilt look

"If you say so. Where is Lee" I ask and he just looks away.

"I would be lying if I say I know" he says

"Trouble in paradise?" I ask

"There's no paradise" he says bluntly. Sound like there is trouble.

"Mhmm is that so? Okay I don't mean to mingle in your business but why don't you ask her out cause you seem to like her?" I ask

"I wish it was that easy hey. I am still trying to apologise for all the mess I created before we actually got  to know each other better. I flopped a lot and that's abuse in other words" he says brushing his beard roughly

"I am lost" I say raising my eyebrow. My mind runs into deep things concerning abuse.

"Oh no don't get it wrong I am not talking about that abuse" he says in his defence and reading my mind

Better not be!!!

"you know there's verbal abuse right? So I feel like that's how I abused her. At first when I met her she was just a girl who looked like she was after money and all that but it turned that I judged her by how she looked and I regret everyday. She's so genuine, so kind, full of love and a selfless person at that. I don't deserve her" Sakhi says.

Nobody could've missed the love he described her with. I think it's high time he confesses before it's too late.

"You don't have to beat yourself to it hey. I don't think we all deserve the people we are with. Apologise to her until you are on the same page" I say and he chuckles and sigh afterward

"I am trying trust me" he says

"Try harder, show her you are a changed man. Don't confuse your trying and actually hoping one day it work out, show effort Sakhi. If it means you have to constantly drive to see her or call her daily then do it. Don't say you are trying with giving up in between once you have gotten attention, make sure to sincerely apologise and give her space to heal should she require it but for now you need to annoy her with your love". I say.