Chapter 3

My alarm wakes me up. I don't wake up by an alarm but now since I have to wake early. I have to set it and after a week I'll adjust to waking up at 4:40. I start in the shower and go make breakfast with my towel. I eat and back to my room to Dress up. I am casual today with jeans and a t- shirt with heels of course. I don't like flat shoes. I drive to Midrand for Ari.

Today she is talking at least and she even asked me if I have kids and I said yes two of them, I mean Qhawe and Kazi. What hurt me the most is when she said today is her award day and she wished her dad would just show up for once. Does it mean that Mr Dlomo does not make time for her? If that's the case then he's going to start to make time for her. I drive to work with music and it's always my boy A. Hamilton.

I greet Pearl and head to the office. There's no time for chit chat. I get in the office and happy to see that today am the first to get in, meaning my boss will have to greet me and I get to look at him. Kidding on the last part. I start by checking emails and respond to those that are urgent and the others less urgent.

"Good morning Tali" he says as he puts his things on the table.

I didn't even here him open the door. Wait did he just call me Tali? Most people call me Litha and I can say he is the second person calling me that. I smile and greet back. I continue with what I was doing and check my notepad.

"Mr Dlomo, you have meeting in the next 30 minutes in the boardroom with Mr Bowman the one for divorce" I say as I check his schedule for today.

"Thank you but I already saw him hence why I came late. I feel like he is stalking me and acted like it was a coincidence that we met. Mxm moron" he says with a face I can't put into words

"Okay. Today is Ari's price giving at 12 since your schedule is clear are you going to make it" I ask. I just wonder how he will react to this

"I won't be able to make it" he says and continues doing his thing. I just said he is free then but he won't make it.

I continue doing my work. I order him lunch at Spur. He thanked me for the peri peri yesterday cause his appetite is back. My sister texts and like yesterday she asks about my boss. Her crush must end cause she will get me into trouble with the things she says that make me laugh. Lunch time comes and I eat my sandwich. I am very stingy when it comes to money shame. I am going to prepare my lunchbox every night because buying takeaways is a waste.
I go fetch the girl at school and she looks sad even though she got her prizes. She is best learner grade four, she got maths and life skills certificate and a trophy.

"You did great. High five" I say
She high five me even though it's not enthusiastic. I decide to ask what she did today at school.

And with her beautiful voice she says they painted, they were baking and what not. She actually does talk but still shy. I am going to be myself and if I die I die bekunene. I call my boss and tell him that I am running late. I'll explain to him lies when I get there.

"Do you like ice cream" I ask Ari
She nods and I decide we going to milky lane should have seen her face turn pink even though she's dark.

I drive us to milky lane and we buy ice cream. She makes sure she buys the one with smarties. So much like my niece and nephew. We eat our ice cream in the car and she tells me about her friends. I love kids bekunene their innocence and carefree life. It's time for us to leave now. I had to tip little miss that when dad ask why she was late at the school gate she should say it's because of the price giving.

I get to work, lock my car and walk back to office.
"Girl, where are we going on Friday?" Pearl says as I walk in the reception. Bathong so now I have to hang with her on Fridays. I didn't know. I am glad I am going to Durban
"I am not available on Friday girl. I am part of the team that is going to Durban"
She says "okay" disappointedly so.
I go in the office and find Mr Dlomo with some woman. They look cosy, she's sitting on the client chair while Mr Dlomo is bending next to her showing her something on his pc.

I greet and head to my space. I start checking emails. The most important part of my job is that no email should not be unattended so I always check.
The way these two are so cosy it's like I am not here. The lady is busy fixing Mr Dlomo's collar. I roll my eyes with them, not noticing of course. I will need my office shame if this is going to be like this. I am not jealous just that a little respect is needed hey. The lady finally leaves and my 'boss' calls me. I walk to his space and just stand there.

"Please make copies of these and also notify Mrs Mako I will see her after five I don't mind driving to her house" he says handing me the papers. I take them and walk. I remember that I need to report the reason I was late.

"I am sorry to be back late. I got delayed at Ari's school because she had to fetch her awards in the office. I say. Lies and more lies. I made that girl's day so if I get fired it's okay.
He says it's no problem. Huh I breath out as I sit down. This man is 29 years old but I am so scared of him. I call the after five woman to inform her of the meeting and continue working until it's knock off time.

As soon as I put my things on the couch I open the fridge and pour myself a glass of wine and sit. I have to finish my assignment so I get down to it with music in the background. My mood gets elevated as my favorite song comes up I stand up and dance to it. I also start preparing dinner and my lunch box. I made pumpkin, stir fry, gravy, mashed potatoes and pork. I head to my room to take a shower and get in my pjs. I continue with my assignment until I am done and satisfied to submit. I keep on yawning so I pray and get my head to rest.