Chapter 25

I am home. It's a Friday and we will be driving to Lillian's home for the funeral. She stayed in Tembisa. I was there during the week with Zweli, he insisted that I go so we went there to drop vegetables. I am truly blessed to have my boss by my side. I know without a doubt that he loves me, I am just going to wait for the right time for him to confess it and even though I can't wait it's just that now this situation of my mom is forcing us to be civilised.

"Did you pack everything that you'll need?" Lindiwe asks as we get in the car

"Yeah and I hope little fella did so too" I say

"Yeah I did. I am on earphones please don't disturb" Konke answers shoving the earphone in his ear.

We had a talk and we had to assure each other that our mom's death is not our fault and that from here onwards we will leave like we were cause it does not change anything it's not like she was present that we would feel her void. Apparently she has other two kids, a boy and girl so we were left for her to start her own family. Enough about Lillian before she depresses me. The drive to the place is quiet with soft music playing in the background. I start seeing boards written where we must turn to Tembisa, reality kicks in.

"Are you okay?" Lindiwe asks. I wipe the fallen tear and look at her with a nod. "You don't have to act strong Nana. Cry it all out if you feel the need to okay. I am here for you" she adds.

We park at the gate and just then the kids rush to our car. Them and Lindiwe are a bit close since they've known her from the time they found Lillian. They greet us and ask if there are things to take to the house, we only came with our bags and not sure if we have a room to sleep or not phela angeke wazi ngalemndeni enihlanganiswa ukufa (you will never know with families especially when you meet through funeral) they might think we are here for will. My phone rings as am about to take my hand bag, my heart skip a bit. Zweli!

"Hey Zwe" I answer

"MaMtimande how are you" he asks

"I am good and how are you?" I ask

"If you good then am good too. What are you up to?" He asks. This one and flirting with me

"Just got here nothing much. We will hear what we have to help with before the herse arrives for body viewing" I explain

"Okay then. We will talk later bye." He says before hanging up. I take my handbag and head inside. I find Lindiwe and Konke waiting for me by gate. Mbuso is already here helping with the tents.

"When are you and mr Boss getting together" she asks as I stop by the gate.

"If I was not the young one I was going to ask a long time ago but since I don't qualify. I waited for my elders to do the honours, so the answer?" Konke says making us laugh. Wow!!!

"I'm defeated . But to clear the atmosphere, we are not. I Just love where we are" I answer lying. I would love to be girlfriend Dlomo.

"The blush does not say so but okay" Lindiwe says as we move.

We get inside and find people moving up and down. Some are seated pealing vegetables while others are having conversations. The elders are seated in the lounge on carpets. We greet them and head back to the kitchen. There's this one aunt that does not like me and for what? I don't know cause we recently met. She started this whole shenanigans when I was bringing vegetables during the week saying I am making myself a special case and acting like someone who cared about Lillian. The fire got worse when Zweli came back with me second round, she concluded that he is my boyfriend and I have no shame bringing him here. Zweli being the cool guy that he is, he called two guys to help me with the grocery and waited in the car. His words were 'I beg you please don't entertain her when you come back, she's one of those none factor aunts that talk for the entire family' and right now thats what I am going to do, ignore her.