Chapter 7~ Numbness

Byun Baekhyun
- Nyxessa -

Baekhyun's head is spinning.

Everything in his line of sight is a blur, a variety of colors, dull, hazy, like an abstract painting.

All that Baekhyun hears is a peeping sound like an electric shock had gone through his body, thousands of volt leaving a sizzling feeling behind on his skin.

His head hurts and he feels like he can't breathe like he is thousands of miles underwater, no light around him to guide him home, just darkness that is sinking through his skin like black ink and he feels so sick that he fears that he will throw up any second.

He feels so cold, so alone and so, so...

He can't even find words for the way he feels. He feels so empty like someone ripped him out of his body and he is left to watch how a familiar but still alien man holds his heart, or what is left of it, in his hand, left to watch the figure slowly grip it tighter, fingernails digging so slowly, so painfully in it.

Baekhyun knows the face of the man that stands in front of his inner eye with his heart in his hand. It is the man he had married years ago, the man he loved with all with his heart, who looks at him with those calculating, calm brown eyes as he slowly crushed the heart in his hand with a menacing smile on his disgusting handsome face.

Baekhyun knows that he should feel pain. He should feel mourn, fury, hurt, he should feel betrayed. But all he feels is numbness. And like someone had just killed him.

Changnam...

Was that even his name? Or was everything that man told him a lie just like the lie about that old couple that he introduced to him as his parents.

As those questions pass through his head, spin like they want to mock him, Baekhyun falls deeper and deeper into the realization, into the gravity that everything he thought was true, everything that was his reality was nothing but a lie.

That his life for the last years, that felt like an eternity, was a lie.

And he feels like someone is strangling him.

Baekhyun wants to scream, wants to cry, wants to let out that pain that consumes him like a monster but he can't, it is almost like someone is holding his place, punishing him for his stupidity and gullibility as they suck every light out of him. He can't remember when he last hated himself so much as he does right now.

To be honest that is what hurts the most. Not that his dead husband lied to him apparently about everything, not that he has been betrayed like this, no what hurts the most is that Baekhyun has been too fucking dumb to see just one bit of it.

Everything has been a lie, everything has been a fucking lie.

"So what will be revealed next hm?"

Like someone just gave him a slap across his face, Baekhyun's breath gets caught in his throat, and his eyes clear for a second as he hears those words from such a familiar, deep dark voice that was once his entire world but now feels like a hot dagger is pushed into his chest. The voice is filled with sarcasm, mock and Baekhyun feels like he is burning inside. Looking around hazily, realizing now that they have long left the house of the old couple are apparently in their hotel room, he finally finds the origin. With hazy eyes, he looks at a face that just looks so much like the one in his inner eye if it was not for the fluffy brown hair instead of the white one.