Chapter 8~ Following The Trace.

Park Chanyeol
blue_eyed_diamond

(thank you so much for 10k reads🙏🥺❤️, we didn't see this coming. We are so grateful for your kind support. Thank you 🙏🥰❤️)

As early as 6:00 am the next morning, Chanyeol and Baekhyun start to prepare to head back to Seoul. The both of them start their day by taking turns in using the shower. Chanyeol has to let Baekhyun shower first before he jumps into the shower himself for a warm bath.

By doing so, Chanyeol knows that Baekhyun can have the whole room to himself, where he gets to dress up without feeling awkward about him being in the same space as him.

And by the time Chanyeol comes walking out through the door, he sees that Baekhyun is already dressed and is preparing to go down to the reception of the hotel, in other to give him the same space and privacy to get dressed. However, Chanyeol didn't see the need for the latter to step outside. He already wore his boxer shorts inside the bathroom before coming out. So all he did is apply his deodorant, lotion, and then proceeds to wear his clothes, while Baekhyun stays occupied on his phone on purpose.

After last night's argument between the two of them, Chanyeol can vividly say that he has no reason whatsoever to continue fighting with Baekhyun. He has now acknowledged that all that has happened to the latter was and is in no way his fault. Regardless of that, there is no way is he going to let this issue go away like that, especially when the late husband of Baekhyun looked exactly like him. Chanyeol, because of this, is hell-bent on finding out the truth behind their resemblance. The mystery behind all this, Why did Changnam look like him? Were they a twin he never knew existed? Or whatever exactly happened.

Chanyeol wants to know.

As he goes for the last button of his shirt, a heavy sigh leaves his lips at the mere thought of all the lies they have gathered so far about Changnam. And it worries him a lot. At this point, all of the new information they gained is the stuff that just replaces things they thought they already knew and Chanyeol doesn't dare to think about the possibilities that they might have to face if it continues like this.

They check out of the hotel eventually shortly after, then they hit the road, heading back to Seoul. Chanyeol is driving again because Baekhyun says he enjoys the way he drives and it is not like he has a problem with driving.

Now, as they continue to talk on their way home, the awkwardness that used to be between them is no longer there. Chanyeol tries all he can to make sure their topic of discussion does not revolve around Changnam, or anything close to him and Baekhyun seems to appreciate it. He just doesn't want to hear that name for the time being, because he only feels an ugly taste on his mouth every time he thinks about that man, and on top of that, it brings back a dark memory for Baekhyun and so they talk about everything that comes to their mind, filling the inside of the car with a soft, warm conversation. Chanyeol is honestly enjoying the atmosphere and would not want to trade it for anything else.

'Baekhyun looks happy.' Chanyeol thinks as he steals a glance at the man sitting beside him, seeing him smiling at every little joke he makes. Even when he doesn't think they are that funny, Baekhyun still laughs wholeheartedly at them. What surprises Chanyeol the most is when they pulled by to buy some take-outs from an eatery, he sees how Baekhyun bounces on the food the moment he brings them to the car. All of this makes Chanyeol realize that indeed, Baekhyun is a sweet guy who just happens to be unfortunate in the hands of his late husband. And this bitterness that filled him because of that, encompassed his sweet side.