Chapter 4~ A change of heart

Park Chanyeol
blue_eyed_diamond
Thank you so much, we have 3k reads🥂🍾💕🙏

Chanyeol slams his alarm clock off for the nth time that morning and he groans desperately, mind still fuzzy from waking up. He needs more time to sleep-in on a Saturday morning, this is way too early for a weekend and somehow he wishes it were Sunday already when he can just rest in until whenever he feels like leaving his comfy bed. He stretches to let out a yawn, scratching his head in the process as he thinks. He does not regret his kind of stressful life right now. The business has been hectic, in a good way so to say, customers are flying in from every corner and their sales have gone up.

Chanyeol is happy. Truly.

He can't help though but catch his mind drifting off to the ghost customer he met with a few days ago, with his big brown eyes and that sad expression in them. The man seemed sincere with his apologies when he asked Chanyeol to help him find out the mystery behind his late husband's identity and why he looked exactly like him. However, Chanyeol had promised to think about it his offer, but right now he is not sure if that is something he would want to get involved with if he is honest with himself. Yes, after what Baekhyun had told him he feels compassion towards the other, but what if something happens? Isn't it best to just forget everything and move on from it? Meddling with unknown people's life is never a good idea. But he can't help but feel the inner wish to help. That is just how he is, he can't just deny someone who is asking him for help. Frustrated, to already have such deep thoughts before he even ate something, he lets out a heavy sigh and drags his feet out of the bed finally to stand up.

Chanyeol makes his way to the bathroom to take a leak, as soon as he is through, he flushes the toilet, washes his hands and face, and brushes his teeth while watching his attire in the mirror, especially his disheveled bed hair. He needs to shower before he gets to work. After spitting out the rest of the toothpaste he leaves the bathroom to join his flatmate Sehun for breakfast, already smelling the scent of something delicious, which makes his empty stomach grumble.

Sehun is busy serving breakfast when he arrives, the tall man, who is handsome enough to model on fashion shows, having his black hair put into a tiny hair bun so that they don't distract him while cooking as he stands at the stove and then again Chanyeol sees the other's boyfriend Junmyeon, a smaller, petite man with brown hair, glasses and so handsome features that you could easily mistake him as a porcelain doll or model as well despite him being a teacher, coming out from their bedroom from across the hallway and Chanyeol rolls his eyes in sarcasm, not annoyed though. A toast to those that have boyfriends. He is probably just jealous.

"Morning Yeol," Junmyeon greets him in a singsong kind of way, which makes the taller want to throw a scowl at the other for being so cheerful so early in the morning as he sits at the dining table with Chanyeol, hickeys everywhere on his neck and collar bone and the obvious display of sex life make Chanyeol feel again a bit jealous. He hadn't had one in a while.

"Morning Jun," Chanyeol responds nevertheless, snickering slightly while shaking his head as he watches Junmyeon go through the bills of Sehun on the table. This is why Sehun is refusing to get a job, the other just earn too much. He picks up the water jug and pours himself some water to drink while they wait for the cook of the house, or more the person without a work-life, to bring their breakfast. And in no time, Sehun appears with bowls of freshly made soup and side dishes and places them on the table, and then they begin to eat their meal.

Chanyeol tends to choke on his food each time he watches Junmyeon lean in to lock lips with Sehun, murmuring sweet nothings at the other which makes the younger giggle like a schoolgirl. He is perplexed with their numerous public display of affection, I mean, they had sex all night and now they won't let him eat his food in peace? Chanyeol clears his throat before gulping on his glass of water just to alert them that they weren't alone and both of them end up chuckling as they move away from each other. Chanyeol frowns. This is not funny.