Chapter 9~ The Two Of You

Byun Baekhyun

The happiest birthday to our beagle puppy, the bearer of light and our genius idol. Happy Birthday Baekhyun, serve well, stay safe and come back healthy and happy ✨🤍

We will wait for you ✨🤍
- Nyxessa -

It has been a week since Baekhyun and Chanyeol have had that fateful meet up with Yixing and found out that the money, that had paid Changnam's, in lack of another name Baekhyun is stuck with calling the man, that did nothing but lie to him, still with a name that is probably not his real one and it causes a sour feeling in him, fake parents, had come from a rather big company, Eve Pharmaceuticals.

Baekhyun is familiar with the company, as a geneticist, he is very much informed about the big players in his work surroundings, but it is not like he can say anything about it, he never really had contact with that particular corporation.

It has also been a week since the three of them had realized that they can't get more information from the outside, which means they have to get inside. Or more they had to get a person that they trust inside since Baekhyun himself obviously can't do it as well as Chanyeol. Them appearing would just be a pretty big gamble, the risk to be identified and therefore get their motives leaked too big so to speak, not to mention that they both have full-time jobs to attend.

In the end, Chanyeol had come up with a person, who would be suitable for that job.

Even though that person himself had been not euphoric, once the taller asked him to help.

Sehun, Chanyeol's roommate which Baekhyun had met shortly before, is currently unemployed and in the first place, owes Chanyeol a favor, which is probably the reason why he eventually gave in. He nearly dropped out again though as he heard what he maybe would have to do.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol eventually introduced the whole mess of a situation that is going on to the black-haired male with the stoic expressions when Chanyeol had come up with him, which had been quite a thing in the first place because the taller had to ensure the smaller multiple times that they could trust Sehun, which Baekhyun didn't do in the first place and still doesn't entirely. If it had been not for Chanyeol's mark deep trust in Sehun, Baekhyun would have never said yes. Said young man had taken the information with a lifted eyebrow and a comment of "What the fuck did you get yourself into, Yeol?" to the tallest and Baekhyun had wanted to scoff at the younger in annoyance. After that, Yixing explained to Sehun what he would need the other to do, which had the younger frowning even more.

Sehun's job would be to get the password of an administrator of the server system or even better, one of the people that is the root of the system, for which he had two options.

First one, get a keylogger on the target's computer. A keylogger is kind of a background program that saves every password the user puts down, the problem in that though is that Sehun would have to get on the unlocked computer to put such a program on it, they could try to sneak it in as a document, but Yixing wants to do this with as fewer traces as possible. Because if they get caught, they are quite literally fucked. Another problem is also trying to extract the right password for the server then and get access to the keylogger in the first place. Not to say that they will leave at least some traces since Sehun has no fucking clue of hacking and deleting his digital footprints.

This is why the IT specialist prefers the second option a lot.

The second option is, as Yixing would call it, the weak link of every computer system. The human that uses it or more administrates it. Every person has a certain thinking pattern, a certain way of deciding how to name things or, which is important in this case, choose passwords. And if one understands the way of thinking you can kind of conclude which kind of passwords a human would choose.