Chapter 10~ Seeing through You

Park Chanyeol
Blue_eyed_diamond

Hello lovelies, welcome back and thank you so much for your kind support. We have 13k reads🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🙏🥰😊❤️
Pic cr: _Carolinee04

Chanyeol stirs up, awoken by the sound on his door. A knock to be precise, by no other than his flatmate, Sehun. He darts his vision to his table clock and it reads 6:15 am. Now, he is quite aghast as to why his flatmate will be knocking this early in the morning. Notwithstanding, Chanyeol with his disheveled hair, and fuzzy eyes from waking up so suddenly, manages to crawl out of his bed to get to the door, only to meet a sleep-deprived-looking Sehun, leaning by his door with his phone stretched out to him. "Sehun did something-" He pouts confused but Sehun beats him to it.

"I got a mail from that company, look," The younger interrupts him, reluctantly handing the phone out with indecipherable eyes and Chanyeol quickly snatches the device from him to see the content of the mail. His eyes lit up seconds later after reading the mail. "They finally called you? Wow!" Chanyeol gives Sehun an excited laugh, but the latter doesn't seem to share his sentiment one bit.

Although Sehun had indeed accepted to do this, Chanyeol still senses an atom of uneasiness in his flatmate. He wouldn't blame him though, but this is something they have to do. If not for anything, for Baekhyun and his sanity's sake. Sehun is the only person he trusts. "Congrats," Chanyeol mutters, rubbing the sleep of his own eyes. And then suddenly he hears Sehun scoff at his comment.

"Congrats? Yeol, this is like jumping into the fire, knowing fully well that you'd get burnt." The smaller comments dejectedly.

"I know Hunnie," Chanyeol sighs, combing his fingers through his messy bed hair, exhausted. "But trust me, we've got all this covered. Nothing will happen as long as we are all on track as planned."

"What plan?" Sehun asks, confused, making Chanyeol stare at him concerned so to say.

"We have a lot to brief you with. Later this evening, let's say by 6:00 pm, you drop by at the café. I have to inform Yixing and Baekhyun now, so we can all meet." Chanyeol announces, stepping away from the door, his eyes are less fuzzy now, giving Sehun full access into his bedroom as he goes for his phone laying by his nightstand. Chanyeol grabs the phone and sends a quick text before throwing the device aside.

Now, an anxious Sehun is sitting on Chanyeol's bed, his lips pouting like a baby until Chanyeol holds his left hand in an assuring manner. He knows how skeptical Sehun is about this and how worried his boyfriend Junmyeon must be too. "As I said, you should not panic. This is just like any other job offer, the only difference is that you have a mission, so just go with the flow, Hunnie, please." Chanyeol sends Sehun pleading puppy eyes that leaves Sehun sighing, and then he ruffles his already ruffled bed hair. "I need to fucking smoke before my head explodes," Sehun mumbles, rising to leave the room.

"Isn't it too early to smoke?" Chanyeol asks because he is worried for his best friend and flatmate.

"Well..." Said man sigh and shrug, "It is, but I don't care right now, Yeol. I feel like I'm about to go haywire and I need to calm the fuck down." Sehun sighs some more, searching for something in his pajama pants, "Junmyeon is not talking to me for two days, and it's giving me sleepless nights." Chanyeol can sense the sadness in his friend's voice and he kinda feels sorry for the younger.

"I assume it's because of this mission, right? Do you want me to talk to Junmyeon?" Chanyeol asks, concerned, but Sehun shakes his head, muttering "No, it's fine." and starts walking towards the door.