5. Take Me Home

This morning had been different. Sure Rosie did her usual morning stuff and went out for a run but she didn’t meet her friends at school. She even left before Julie, which was really unusual behavior from her. 

Julie walked into the music room where Flynn was sitting by herself. Trying to play the trumpet at least that’s what it looked and sounded like. There was no Rosie. Or anyone else in that matter.

Julie hit the girl with a punch of questions “What are you doing, and where is everyone else? Have you seen Rosie anywhere?” 

Flynn sighed “Spirit assembly. I was kinda blowing it off ‘cause I wasn’t feeling very spirity. and no I haven’t seen her since yesterday. Is everything okay?”

“Are you okay?” Flynn asked after her friend sighed.

“Not really. I had this new plan to play for Mrs. Harrison, hoping she’d let me back in, but I guess I missed my chance. And now I can’t even find Ro, it’s like she disappeared in thin air.” Julie opened up.

“No... you didn’t and I bet we’ll find RoRo there too.” Flynn said with a grin on her face.

Soon they found themselves in the gym. Dirty Candy was just performing. The boys poofed next to Julie but they still hadn’t seen the blond girl anywhere. Who in fact happened to be closer than they thought. 

Rosie was behind the stage pacing around while she waited for her turn. She’d be up right after Dirty candy. She just hoped that the boys or at least Alex had shown up. 

Julie too had started to get nervous. Her little stunt was getting closer and closer. It felt like the minutes were extremely short. She tried to focus her attention on something else.

“Have you guys seen Rosie? I can’t find her.” Julie tried her best to hide this little conversation from Flynn. 

“No. Not after she left for school anyway.” Reggie answered.

Dirty Candy just finished. The announcer informed the crowd that there will be one performer left. Obviously he didn’t know about Julie’s surprise performance. 

“Give it up for Rosabella Mercer!!” He shouted into the microphone.

The boys, Flynn and Julie were in complete shock when they announced her name. Julie and Flynn were more surprised to see her up on the stage and the boys tried to process her last name. 

“Did he just say Mercer??” Alex asked in disbelief.

Reggie stuttered “I-I-I think he did.”

“Shh! She’s coming” Luke whispered with a proud look on his face.

Rosie appeared on the stage. She walked up to the piano and sat down. Before starting she took a deep breath.

Take me home - Jess Glynne (But let’s pretend Rosie wrote this okay.)

~Wrapped up, so consumed by 
 All this hurt
 If you ask me, don’t
 Know where to start
 Anger, love, confusion
 Roads that go nowhere
 I know there’s somewhere better
 ‘Cause you always take me there

 Came to you with a broken faith
 Gave me more than a hand to hold
 Caught before I hit the ground
 Tell me I’m safe, you’ve got me now

 Would you take the wheel
 If i lose control?
 If I’m lyin’ here
 Will you take me home?
 Could you take care 
 Of a broken soul?
 Will you hold me now?
 Oh, will you take me home?

 Hold the gun to my head 
 Count 1, 2, 3
 If it helps me walk away, then it’s
 What I need
 Every minute gets easier
 The more you talk to me
 You rationalize my darkest thoughts
 Yeah you, set them free.

 Came to you with a broken faith
 Gave me more than a hand to hold
 Caught before I hit the ground 
 Tell me I’m safe you’ve got me now

 Would you take the wheel 
 If I lose control?
 If I’m lyin’ here
 Will you take me home?
 Would you take care
 Of a broken soul?
 Oh, will you hold me now?
 Oh, will you take me home?

 You say space will make it better
 And time will make it heal
 I won’t be lost forever
 And soon I wouldn’t feel 
 Like I’m haunted, woah falling
 You say space will make it better
 And time will make it heal
 I won’t be lost forever
 And soon I wouldn’t feel 
 Like I’m haunted, woah falling
 You say space will make it better
 And time will make it heal
 I won’t be lost forever
 And soon I wouldn’t feel 
 Like I’m haunted, woah falling

 Would you take the wheel
 If i lose control?
 If I’m lyin’ here
 Will you take me home?
 Could you take care 
 Of a broken soul?
 Will you hold me now?
 Oh, will you take me home?
 Home
 Oh, will you take me home?
 Oh, will you take me home?~

Rosie had exited the stage as soon as possible. Everything was so overwhelming. She looked for the most quiet place she could find so it would be easier for her to calm down. The blond hadn’t been gone for more than a couple of minutes when suddenly a sweet melody filled her ears. But she was supposed to be the last performer. Then she recognized the voice… Julie. Rosie rose from the ground and ran back to the gym just in time to see the boys appear on stage. It seemed like the whole school could see them - how was that possible? 

Rosie made eye contact with her brother who smiled proudly at her. That gesture managed to get a smile on her tear stained face. She was proud of her best friend. They sounded amazing together. After their song ended the guys poofed down from the stage - right next to Rosie. 

I've tried to post a new chapter every other day and I think I was supposed to post yesterday but totally forgot. So yeah here it is now:)