11. I'm Not Afraid

Rosie had decided to skip her fourth class of school

Rosie had decided to skip her fourth class of school. She was going to this cafe type of place, where you could sign up to perform live. It was a hot spot for music industry people. But when Ro was about to walk through the door, she saw three familiar ghosts. She backed away around the corner to wait for them to leave. She got jolted again and leaned against the wall, the girl knew her brother would soon go looking for her.

Alex came out after he saw Willie but her brother's little crush had already disappeared. The boy went back inside. Rosie waited for a couple of minutes before checking if the coast was clear. The band was no longer there - they had left.

She then walked in and towards the counter where she assumed the sign up list to be. The blond wrote her stage name on the slip. Rosabella bought a piece of cake and tea to ease her growing hunger. Eventually she returned to school. 

Julie and Rosie came home from school and went straight to the garage. The boys were there - of course. They tried to apologize to the two girls, but Rosie just marched past them while Julie talked well, mostly arguing about their tonight's gig. The boys had shown something to Jules that made her forgive them. Rosie wasn’t sure if she could forgive them that easily.

Meanwhile when Julie and the band was practising, Rosie was having trouble deciding which song she should play tonight. And what she would wear - it had to be something simple BUT not too simple, kinda outstanding but not too much. 

Finally it was time to leave. Rosie shoved the outfit she had planned earlier in a bag - she would change into it in the cafe's bathroom. This way if someone caught her sneaking out, they wouldn’t question her as much. 

Rosie arrived at her destination and went straight to the bathroom. She took her outfit and put it on. She had decided on a black skirt with a belt, black long sleeved shirt that had flowers on it and a pair of black boots. Once the girl was finished, she got out of the bathroom and tried to blend in with the crowd so her friends wouldn’t spot her. Dirty Candy had just finished their performance that Alex had crashed. 

“Ok, next we have Julie and The Fat Ones.” The man announced.

Luke's handwriting really does suck. The band did amazing. Even though the girl was pissed at the guys, she couldn’t stop admiring their talent.

“Ok, looks like we’re closing up with one more performer, Rosabella Mae.” 

Rosie walked onstage and sat in front of the piano that her best friend had just played. “Hi! I’m Rosie and I’ll be singing one of my oldest songs. I hope you like it.” She searched through the crowd until her eyes landed on her friends.

Read All About It -Emeli Sandé (again pretend its Rosies)

~You've got the words to change a nation but you're biting your tongue

 You've spent a lifetime stuck in silence afraid you'll say something wrong

 If no one ever hears it