4. I'm Only Human

Today Rosie was walking home later than usual. She had gotten a new, cool sounding melody stuck in her head. She had run straight to the music room as soon as her class ended. That's where she spent two hours trying to come up with some killer lyrics. She would probably still be there if her phone alarm hadn't gone on. Julie was supposed to be waiting for her in the parking lot but the younger girl was nowhere to be seen. For ten minutes Rosabella stood outside just in case Julie was late. But she never showed. Rosie tried calling multiple times without any answer. The girl even tried to call the others and got nothing from them either.

So that's when she decided to head to the diner - maybe they had misunderstood each other and Jules was waiting for her there. Unlucky for her she walked there for no reason since Julie wasn't there.

Annoyance started to fill the blonds mind. Was it that hard to inform your friend you're not going to make it - you don't even have to call, you could just send a text - but no. Rosie let out an irritated scream, making the passer bys look at her inconsern. She then turned on her heel and made her way home.

~

As she stepped closer and closer to the garage door, the sound of laughter could be heard. Furiously the 18 year old grabbed the handle and pulled open the door. Instantly the room was dead silent. Luke, Reggie, Alex and Julie were all looking at Rosabella.

"Ohh... So you're having a band meeting or something and didn't feel like informing me!?"

Julie stood up. "Look RoRo I'm sorry. We got carried away and I totally lost track of time."

"I waited for you for minutes in the freaking rain! I called you like 30 times! Hell, I even called the guys too. But did they answer either? NO, they did not." Rosie cried out in frustration.

"Rosie, we're really sorry. We should have made sure that Julie leaves in time or even texted you..." Luke tried to calm his girlfriend.

Rosie threw her hands in the air. "NO! I don't want to hear your stupid excuses when you all had multiple chances to pick up the phone and answer my stupid calls."

Luke stepped in front of the girl and tried to stop her from storming off, but she just pushed him away "Don't..." She said sternly and made her way to the loft.

Quickly she changed into some work out clothes and ran out of the studio - leaving her family members yelling after her. Why should she tell them where she was going when they didn't need to tell her anything?

~

Ro didn't get that far when the tears started to threaten to fall down her pink cheeks. She fought through them, but as soon as she reached her secret spot her walls came crumbling down and she fell on her knees and cried.

For at least an hour nothing stopped the tears from rolling down. Suddenly she felt like she was in a dream. Lyrics started to flow through her head. She quickly searched her hoodie pocket for her phone and hit record. Then Rosie just let the words slip out of her mouth and walked around the park.

Human -Christina Perri (Again let's pretend)

~I can hold my breath
I can bite my tongue
I can stay awake for days
If that's what you want
Be your number one
I can fake a smile
I can force a laugh
I can dance and play the part
If that's what you ask
Give you all I am

I can do it
I can do it
I can do it

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human

I can turn it on
Be a good machine
I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything

I can do it
I can do it
I'll get through it

But I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human

I'm only human
I'm only human
Just a little human

I can take so much
'Til I've had enough

'Cause I'm only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I'm only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause I'm only human~

As the song ended Ro had ended up at the gazebo and was leaning on one of the wooden pillars with her back. Finally the tears had dried. She ended the recording and took a look at the time. It was around seven but the girl didn't feel the need to leave yet - she could easily stay here for at least an hour or two more.

Rosie decided to listen to her creation. It actually sounded good - and to think she practically improvised the whole song. The blonde chuckled lightly when a thought popped into her head. If someone would've seen her in the past hour or so and especially the last couple of minutes, what would they have thought about her? They probably would've thought she was crazy.

~

For the rest of the time Rosabella laid on the ground stargazing. That was one of her favorite pastimes. Eventually she knew she had to get home even though she didn't want to.

The lights were still on when she made it home - so they were waiting for her or they were just staying up late. Hesitantly Rosie opened the door and as soon as she stepped in, she was tackled in a group hug.

"Where have you been?! Do you know how worried we were?" Alex asked.

"Ro, I'm so sorry about today. I promise I won't do it again." Julie said.

Rosie pulled out of the hug and looked at her feet. "I was out. I'm fine and I'm home now." She made her way towards the loft, but Luke grabbed her hand. "Rora..."

"Luke... please, not now. I need some time." With that she pulled her hand back and continued her way to her bed. After a day like this, sleep sounded so good.

It's not like the blond girl wanted to be mad, but she had every right to be. If they just give her the time she needs everything will sort itself out at some point.