13. Snap Out Of It

Rosie had already been in her bed reading one of her favorite books - Twilight, when she was shocked again. Tears started to fall down her face, she didn't know how long she would be able to endure them. And as much as she hated to admit it, she wasn't anywhere near as strong as the guys, so the jolts drained her energy faster than the boys. Or maybe it had something to do with her being a lifer.

She heard the ghosties whoos in. The boys could hear the girls sniffles from upstairs. They made their way up. Once her family members were in her sight, she jumped up and pulled them in a hug. They stayed with the girl until she fell asleep.

The band talked quietly downstairs, not wanting to wake up the sleeping girl.

"How are we supposed to know what her so-called unfinished business is? She isn't even dead." Alex asked

"I don't know man. But we have to figure it out - we owe it to her. It's our fault that she has to go through this." Luke said.

"It was a really low plow from Caleb to go after RB. She has nothing to do with what's going on between us and him." Reggie told.

"Except she is my sister, and Luke is in love with her and Reggie you guys are best friends." Alex mentioned.

The bandmates didn't sleep at all that night. They were thinking every possible way to get Rosie out of this mess.

When Rosie woke up the next morning, Luke was the only one in the garage. Alex had gone out and Reggie was probably "hanging out" with Ray. The blond climbed down the ladder and stumbled on the last step. That caused Luke to jog over.

"You okay Rora?" He asked concerned.

"Mhm... just feeling a little weak you know?"

Luke nodded and helped her over the couch. The girl realized that she was going to be late for school if she didn't leave soon.

"Shoot I have to go... I'm going to be la-'' She was mumbling when another white shock appeared in her and Luke's chests.

"Owww... I hate this!" She yelled.

Luke gave her a sympathetic look "I know you do. Me and the guys are trying everything to find out how to help you. You just have to hold on for a little longer."

"But come on, I'll walk you to school." He added.

After school Ro had joined Julie on her mission to give Luke's parents this song he wrote. The girls found look at his parents house too. Both of the girls were crying when they showed the song to the couple. Luke had started singing it and Rosie and Jules could hear the pain in his voice. If only his parents could hear him too.

Back at home, Luke was waiting for the girls on the front porch.

"Hey." They all said.

"I'm sorry for overstepping." Julie said.

"No, I... I just had to leave. That was..." Luke answered.

Rosie said "You don't have to say anything."

"Yeah, I do. Uh... I didn't have many regrets in my life except for running out on my parents. Especially on my mom, so... thank you."

"You helped me feel more connected to my mom, so... I wanted to do the same thing for you."

"And I just want to help everyone in every possible way, so I tagged along." Rosie chuckled.

"That was perfect."

Julie stepped aside for a while, seeing that the other two were once again in their own little bubble. Rosie hooked her arms behind his neck and Luke wrapped his on her small waist.

"This is an interesting little relationship you and I have. I mean no one except for Julie and you can see us without playing with Jules."

They both chuckled lightly. Julie practically jumped around.

"Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to tell you. Flynn said the video that my dad made is trending on YouTube. "

Luke shook his head, not understanding a word she just said.

Rosie giggled "That's a good thing. That means that people love your music."

"We'll definitely be getting calls from managers now." Julie added.

Luke sighed "There is something I have to tell you."

"Oh... ok."

Luke continued "We figured out that we have unfinished business. That's why we came back as ghosts."

"Oh. What is it?" Julie asked.

"We have to play the show we never got to play."

"At the Orpheum? That makes sense." Rosie said.

And as in que Luke and Rosie hit by the jolts. Julie was freaking out and Luke tried to explain the situation for her. And how her best friend was pulled in the mess too. Jules stormed inside.

Luke and Rosabella joined the two other ghosts in the garage. They were just chilling depressingly in there when Julie came in. She sighed.

"Snap out of it!" Julie yelled.

"Jeez, I think you broke Alex." Reggie said plainly.

"Do you guys wanna cross over or what?" She questioned. "Get it together!" She clapped.

Luke answered "They're never gonna let us play the Orpheum."

God they were depressing. They had no hope anymore, they were going to give up just like that.

"Someone once told me that you don't ask for permission. You book gigs by doing." Julie said.

"That was me." Reggie said proudly.

"No it wasn't." Both Julie and Luke said.

Reggie mumbled a response.

Julie continued "This isn't over. We were brought together for a reason: to help each other."

"Yeah, but like Luke said, people don't just play the Orpheum because they want to." Alex told.

"People don't, but ghosts do."

Wow. That was a great point. Rosie was proud of her determined friend. Maybe the boys would really snap out of it and do it. If not for themselves than at least for Rosie's sake.