15. Hugs Are Good

The Orpheum was filled with a sweet sound that was coming from the piano and the lead singer, Julie. For now Rosie was only playing and letting her best friend sing. She secretly still hoped the boys would make an appearance. And that’s exactly what went down. One by one they poofed in with their instruments. First Alex and his drums, then Reggie and his bass. Luke was having trouble but eventually made it with his guitar.

Julie got up and went singing and jumping between Luke and Reggie. Rosie stayed at the piano but joined in with her singing. After the song was finished, all five of them bowed. The guys poofed out and Julie and Rosie were by themselves now.

So it looks like the boys crossed over - or so the girls thought. The Molina family and their newest family member walked in a line, singing Stand Tall. Julie and Rosie wanted to take a quick stop in the garage before heading in. Rosie said her goodbyes and both of them then thanked the guys.

“You’re welcome.” Reggie said. 

“Dude!”

Rosie ran to the light switch. All three ghosts were lying in a pile on the floor.

“Why… are you here? I… I thought…” Julie stuttered.

Rosie and the guys were hit by a jolt. This one took out Rosie’s legs from under her and she fell to the ground. The pain was getting unbearable. Julie crouched down next to her friend and looked at the guys too. 

"No… no! I thought you crossed over. Why didn’t you cross over?” Julie questioned.

Clearly playing the Orpheum wasn’t their unfinished business. But if that wasn’t it, what was?

“We wanted you two to think that we crossed over, so we pretended to. We just… we had nowhere else to go.” Luke sobbed.

“We thought you’d go straight to bed. And since Rosie was supposed to have a sleepover in your room we didn’t think either of  you would come here.” Reggie explained. 

Alex got up “Yeah, well… I knew they were gonna come out here, but nobody ever listens to me.”

Rosie was going to chuckle at her brother's comment, but instead cried out in pain because of another jolt. Julie got up and went over to the guys.

“You have to save yourselves right now. Go join Caleb’s club. Please. It’s better than not existing at all. Please just go. Go! Poof out! Do something! Please. Do it for me. Think about RoRo! Please.” Julie said. 

“NO! Jules please don’t pull me into this - I don’t want a pity party.” Rosie commented.

Even though Julie tried everything, the boys would not pudge. Luke walked towards Julie.

“No music is worth making, Julie, if we're not making it with you. No regrets.” He said.

Julie hugged Luke… wait hugged? How? No one really seemed to notice the fact except for Rosie, who was now resting her head on the couch. But she didn’t wanna ruin this sweet moment, so she kept quiet. Soon Julie realized what was happening herself too. 

“How can I feel you?” She asked in disbelief.

Luke stuttered “I… I… I don’t know. I… I feel stronger.” 

“Alex, Reggie come.” Julie called.

The two boys joined the hug. None of them felt as weak anymore. Rosie wanted to join her family, so she tried to get up but came stumbling down. All eyes were on her now. Julie walked to her friend and motioned for the boys to come too. One more group hug was all they needed. 

Rosie didn’t feel so weak anymore either “Wow. I just… what? how?” 

The others chuckled at the confused girl. Caleb’s stamp disappeared from the bandmates' wrists and Ro’s shoulder. It just dissolved from their skin and rose up in the air.

“What do you think that means?” Julie questioned.

“I think the band’s back.” Luke said. 

They all looked at each other. Alex wanted to try hugging one more time. Now they were all chuckling. This had to be the happiest moment in Rosies life. Finally her family was complete. 

“Hugs are good.” Alex said.

Rosabella chuckled “So they are big bro.” 

Luke pulled the blond girl aside and stared into her beautiful blue eyes. He lowered his head to the girls level and kissed her. Rosie was surprised first but quickly kissed the boy back. Julie, Reggie and Alex gasped, bursting the couples bubble.

The blue-eyed girl giggled slightly “I love you Luke. I love all of you.

---

It’s been a couple of days since the band played at the Orpheum. The drummer, bassist and guitarist were all still here - nobody knows how or why, not like anyone was complaining. 

The 5 teenagers were casually just chilling in the studio. That’s when Ray Molina walked in.

“Girls, we’re going to… Oh I didn’t realize you had company.” He said.

Everyone looked at each other in utter shock. That was a big plot twist. “You can see them?” Julie asked.

Ray looked confused. “Of course I can see them. Hey you’re Julies bandmates aren’t you?”

Reggie - who adored the older man, stepped forward and offered his hand “Yep that’s us. I’m Reggie, that’s Luke and over there is Alex.” Ray took his hand and shook it.

“But I don’t understand… How can he see us AND touch us?!” Alex said while pacing back and forth. It’s actually a mystery how the floor doesn’t have a hole yet.

“I’m confused. Why wouldn’t I be able to see you?” 

The group silently agreed that it was probably the best to tell him the truth. Julie sighed “Dad… They’re ghosts.”

Julie and everyone else in the room tried to explain the situation as best as they could. And Ray took the news surprisingly well. He even gave the boys permission to stay in the garage.

Apparently people could see and touch the boys now. It was weird since they still had their ghost abilities - so they couldn’t technically be living humans. But could they be ghosts either if lifers could see them?

The end. For now at least. It really has been an emotional ride while writing this. I kinda wanted to bring out more of Rosie and her life, but I wasn’t quite sure what to write, so I followed the original Julie and the Phantoms plotline.

Not sure if the ending fits. Originally the "I love you" part was the ending, but I felt like rest of the chapter fits more here than it does on the season two chapter one. Still I might like the original ending better. What do you guys think? Should I have ended at the "I love you" part?

This is my first story that I’ve actually completed. Like I have started something many times but always ended up deleting it ‘cause I had no ideas for it anymore, it wasn’t good enough or just lost interest. 

Once again English isn’t my first language so I’m sorry, if it has some grammar mistakes or typos.

And I’m planning on writing a second book for this series. I've written a little bit of the first chapter, but I'm kinda stuck with it. And I know they haven’t made a season two yet, but I will be writing it based on what I would like/imagine happening in that season. 

So that being said thank you all for reading and for your support. Never ever thought this book would get this many reads, over 5 thousand that's crazy! I love you guys. -Juupasejuu