8. Road Trip

It was a peaceful summer morning. Or it was peaceful until certain someone decided to run in and jump on top of sleeping Rosie. "Ugh... What the hell, Julie!?"

"Get up already. You have an hour and a half before we leave." The younger girl pulled the covers off and hit Ro with a pillow. "JULIE!" She screamed.

Loud footsteps entered the garage. "Is she still in bed?" Flynn's voice carried into Rosabella's ears. Julie nodded to Flynn in confirmation of the older girl's whereabouts. "Listen girl, don't make me come up there. We all know how that will end." Rosie started to panic - she did not want Flynn up there. "Yeah, yeah I'm up. Chill."

~

The blond was feeling lucky that she had packed yesterday - there is no way she'd be able to get all of her stuff together in such a short amount of time. Hurriedly Rosabella threw on some comfortable clothes and did her morning stuff as quickly as possible.

"Where are my bags?!" She yelled out in frustration - she did not have time for this. Luke came up behind her and wrapped his hands on her torso. "Already in the car, mini Alex."

"Oh. Thank you." Ro turned around and kissed the boy's cheek.

The young couple made their way to the car - they had rented a bigger car that could fit their whole friend group of 8.

"You know, you should stop stressing so much. Just let go and enjoy the adventure ahead of us." Luke said.

~

The group had been on the road for hours and still had a couple of more to come. Multiple pit stops had been made - either it was someone needing to use the bathroom or another one was hungry or the car needed to be refueled. At some points they just stopped to take pictures and enjoy the view.

It's unclear whose idea it was to put the sleepiest person to drive after their latest stop. First it was going great but once the night came closer and closer she got more tired.

"Come on Rora. Just stop the car and we'll switch. You are way too tired to drive." Luke tried to reason with his stubborn girlfriend.

"No. We're almost there. I can easily make it."

Alex joined the couples conversation. "I'm sorry lil sis but I have to disagree with you on that. We all know that your bedtime was around an hour ago."

The young girl huffed and pulled the car to the side of the road. "Fine." Luke jumped up from his seat and walked to the other side of the car while Ro climbed to the passenger side. And after 5 minutes she was already out.
Finally they reached their destination. It was a small beach with the most beautiful view ever. It was further away from the city, so it wasn't nearly as crowded as the other beaches - except at this hour they were the only people there.

"All right people, we're here." Luke announced, making the others stir and yawn.

Slowly everyone started to get out of the car. They made their way towards the shoreline - well everyone else except for Rosie who was looking for something from the trunk.

The blond girl yelped when someone wrapped hand on her shoulders. "What are you looking for princess?" She turned around and faced her handsome boyfriend. "You don't happen to know where the tents are?"

"Sorry but no. You should ask Willie though, he's the one who packed them. Why?"

"I wanna go back to sleep." Rosabella then placed her hands around her mouth and yelled. "WILLIE! Where are the tents!?"

The boy jogged to the car and quickly searched for them. "Here you go. Are you going to bed already? I thought you weren't tired." He snickered.

She pulled one of the tents from Willie's hands and marched to the other direction. "UGH! Why is everyone picking up on me today?!" Her friends bursted out laughing.

It didn't take long for everyone else to join and start setting up their tents but for Rosie that had been an easy task and she was already fast asleep.

~

A few hours later Luke got up quietly so he wouldn't wake up his girlfriend before it was time. The boy took some extra pillows and blankets from the car and placed them on the sand. He had chosen a place that was further away from their campsite but still had the amazing view. After getting everything ready he made his way back to wake up sleeping beauty.

"Love, wake up. I have a surprise for you." Luke said while gently stroking the girls back.

Rosabella groaned "Mhm... What time is it?"

"It's not important, just come on. You don't wanna miss it."

The girl got up and followed her boyfriend. As soon as they were out she stopped in her tracks. "Lukie Luke, I don't feel like walking so you have to carry me wherever you are taking me."

"Fine." He said and threw Ro over his shoulder. "Close your eyes and NO peeking!" After a short walk, Luke set the blond down. "Okay open your eyes in three, one - two - three and open!"

Rosie looked around. "Wow. Luke, this is amazing."

"Five more minutes and it's going to be even more amazing." Luke grabbed one of the blankets and wrapped it around the two.

The couple sat down on the ground and admired the beautiful sunrise. "Thank you Luke. This was one of the loveliest surprises ever." Ro said and gave him a big smile that reached her ears. "You are very welcome Miss Mercer." He responded and pulled her into a kiss.