7. Surprise Party

Summer vacation has officially started but the teens hadn't had the chance to enjoy it yet. Everyone was so stressed about Caleb and his plans that they couldn't let their guard down. Rosie took his comeback the hardest - who could blame her after everything he put her and her family through. The three ghosties didn't let either of the girls leave the house alone. Caleb could easily take them to get to the boys.

~

It's been almost two weeks since they saw him at the graduation and ever since then Ro hasn't been okay. She doesn't eat properly, doesn't leave the garage unless she is forced to, she hasn't even touched any instrument or sang any of her songs. Everyone was starting to get worried about her.

"Ro, get out of that stupid bed of yours now!" Luke yelled from downstairs. It was no surprise when she answered no and pulled the covers over her head. That's when Alex decided that enough is enough and marched to the loft. "That's it! We're going to have Nick take you out for a couple of hours while we have a band meeting." He said and pulled her little sister out of bed.

"Why?! It's not like I'm disturbing you from up here." She yelled back.

Alex sighed. "Because this is not healthy."

"Fine." She pulled out of her brother's grip and took the first clothes she could find and headed to the bathroom.

~

Ten minutes later Nick arrived. "Hey Rosie. Are you ready to go?" The girl tried to put on a smile for her family's sake. "Yep." She got up from the couch and walked past the boy, who quickly caught up to her. "So you wanna walk or are we taking your car?" Rosie was silent for a second. "Umm... Let's take the car."

The duo walked to Rosabella's white Jeep. "Where to?" Rosie asked as they hopped in. "If it's okay with you, I was thinking we could go to the movies - they're playing this new movie." The boy answered. "Yeah, sounds cool."

~

Two hours actually went faster than Rosie had imagined and she even allowed herself to enjoy the evening a little. "Hey, do you want me to drop you home or..." She asked Nick. "No, that's okay. I'll walk from yours - I wanna see Julie for a while." Rosie nodded her head as an answer.

Luke was already waiting for them when Rosie pulled up to the driveway. The girl looked at Nick guestiongly. "I texted Julie that we were almost here."

"Oh, okay." That made sense. Her boyfriend walked to the car and opened the door for Ro. "Thank you Lukie Luke."

"Anything for my princess." Luke grabbed her hand and pulled the girl with him. "Come on. There's something I wanna show you."

The couple reached the garage door. Luke put his hands on the girl's eyes. "Luke, what are you doing?" Rosie tried to remove his hands with no luck - he was much stronger than her. "Calm down. You'll see soon enough." He laughed.

Someone opened the door for them and Luke led the blindfolded girl inside. "I'll remove my hands but you have to keep your eyes closed until I give you permission to open them." Rosie just nodded.

"Okay... You can open your eyes now."

Rosabella looked around the room. Everyone was there. Alex, Willie, Reggie, Julie, Flynn, Nick and Luke. "What is this?"

"For obvious reasons we never got to have your graduation party so we're throwing them now." Julie explained.

"Aww... You guys. I've been a total jerk to all of you. I don't deserve this."

"No, don't say that 'cause you totally do. You're not the only one who got freaked out." Luke said.

"You just showed it in the worst way possible." Reggie added. Luke looked at him dead in the eyes. "Dude."

"Sorry..." Reggie looked at the ground. Rosie went over and hugged him tightly. "Heyy... It's okay. I could have handled it better and I promise to do so from now on."

"Promise?" Alex wanted a clear confirmation. "I promise."

"Now can we put on some music or is this a lame party?" Flynn asked, making the others laugh. Rosie ran to the bluetooth speaker and connected her phone with it - she obviously had the best music taste there. The music blasted through the speaker and Rosie made her way in the center of the room. "Come dance with me!"

The girls quickly joined their friend but the guys stayed on the sides - how boring. Then an idea popped into Rosies head. She pulled the two girls into a circle and whispered her idea to them. They would force the rest to join them. Flynn will get Reggie and Willie, Julie will get Nick and Rosie will get Luke and Alex. "NOW!" The oldest girl yelled and they ran over to the guys and pulled them to the so-called dance floor.

~

The party went on for hours - it was nearly three in the morning when they decided to call it a night and go to sleep. The blond girl didn't wanna go to bed just yet. "Luke... Can we go outside for a bit? I wanna show you something." She whispered. "Sure."

"So what did you want to show me?" The boy asked. Rosie pulled out her phone and started to look for a certain recording. "When I stormed out for hours, I came up with some cool lyrics and turned into a song and I want your opinion on it." She then pressed play and the song started.

The girl took in every facial expression the boy made - trying to figure out what he was thinking. When the song ended Luke turned to look Rosie in the eyes. "You wrote this?"

"Yeah... Well technically. Mostly I just improvised and it turned out this way. Was it bad?" She started to fidget with her rings.

"No. It was different but a good kind of different. I like how you always pour your feelings into your songs. And if you improvised all that it really shows how insanely talented you are." Luke explained and pulled the girl in for a kiss.

Ro pulled away. "You know that I love you right?"

Luke picked Rosabella up and carried her in bridal style - making the girl giggle. "Yes. And I will always love you. But let's get to bed, it's already late." He whispered to her ear while carrying her to bed.

"Goodnight Lukie Luke." She yawned.

Luke chuckled and pulled his girlfriend closer. "Goodnight Rora."