| 21 |

It's the day before my Dublin show, currently I'm sat at my jeweler in town. I bite on my barely even there nails as I sit in a small back room to keep me out of sight, I listen as my phone continues to ring not getting any answer. "Are you ready, Mr. Horan?" I hear the older man ask me, I clear my throat and stand putting my phone back into my pocket. "Yeh, I think so!" I say walking over to the small counter, that feels like everything on display inside is sparkling on its own. I'm instantly overwhelmed by all of the rings that are laid out before me.

I feel like I spend hours grazing over all the rings, before my eyes fall on a small opal with three small diamonds inlaid on the sides. "That's the one," I say, pointing it out. He watches, pulling it out from under the lights. It sparkles just as much and I pick it up holding it between my fingers. I don't even care to look at the price, I simply hand my card over and continue to admire the ring. She's going to love it I tell myself as he comes back with my card. I sign the receipt as I watch him put the ring into a small velvet box, adorn with a smile light that shows off just how much it sparkles.

"Will that be all, Mr. Horan?" He asks, as I take the small box. Keeping a tight grip on the small box, "Yes, sir! Thank you so, so much!" I say, shaking the older man's hand.

I walk out of the store, quickly walking to my car and hiding the box in my glove box, before heading straight to the arena.

***

I sit in my dressing room alone, listening to the crowd roar from the arena. I rest my head in my hands, thinking of all that London and I have been through, all of the stress and the chaos my career and management has caused for the both of us. I hear a soft knock on the door, quickly I stand and clear my throat. "N-Ni?" I hear London's small voice from behind the door, a smile washing over my face.

"Come in," I say just loud enough for her to hear.

I watch as the door opens, slowly. London walks in with her hair pulled into a messy bun and her closes falling down the bridge of her nose. "It's almost time for you to go on," she says, she's not holding eye-contact with me. "Everything alright? I ask, watching as she runs her small fingers through her lose strands of hair that had fallen in front of her face. She nods, walking over to me as I open my arms for her. "Just tired and working my ass off," she chuckles, hiding her face in the small of my neck. I kiss her forehead and rest my eyes, looking at her with a smile. "Soon," I whisper to her, pressing my lips to her forehead once more.

"Soon?" she asks, raising her eyebrows. I nod, standing and chuckling as I slip my earpieces in and wink at her. She stands next to me giving me full puppy dog eyes. "What does that even mean?" she groans causing me to let out a laugh.

We both walk out of the dressing room, and instantly I'm handed my guitar and being mic'd as I walk down the long corridor. "You'll know soon," I smile and place a small kiss to her lips as we both stand on the side stage. "You're annoying!" she chuckles and rolls her eyes, resting her head on my shoulder.

****

London's POV

"Goodnight Dublin, Thank ya for everything! I wouldn't be where I am without incredible people like you!" I hear Niall's voice echoing throughout the arena. "That was incredible, I'm so proud of my baby," I hear Maura say from beside me, making me jump a little. I chuckle as I nod, "he's so unbelievably talented!" I say with a smile on my face. We watch as Niall sets his guitar down on the stand and takes his earpieces out, draping them over his shoulders. His smile is prevalent on his face, it's like it takes up his entire face and I can't help but smile.

"You are so incredible," I say as he pulls both Maura and I into a hug. He mumbles something inaudible as he places a small kiss to my forehead.

We all gathered around the door to the exit, Niall had changed into Nike shorts and a t-shirt with a Nike cap to match. Jarv opens the door and we let the band follow behind him, Niall grabs my hand and starts out the door looking out. I see the barricades holding fans back. I feel for them, as they all seem to be being pushed back against the barricade. Niall waves at them with a huge smile.

**

"Sucks t see that ya know," he says, running his fingers through his longer hair. I rest my head on his chest looking back up at his face, "what do you mean?" I ask, pushing my hair out of my face.

"That I can't stop and meet everyone," he says, biting his lip.

I nod, still going over what he had said earlier about 'soon'. I look up at him, watching him as he says nothing just seemingly in thought. "What did you mean earlier?" I ask him, and he quickly looks down at me. "I promise you will know very very soon!" he says and takes my hand, kissing it softly right on my promise ring. I can't help but smile and hide my face in his neck, placing a soft kiss.

"I love you," I say as I kiss his cheek softly.

"I love you more," he says, placing a kiss to my forehead as he wraps his arms around me.

***

December rolls around faster than I could've ever expected. Niall had finished up tour a couple nights ago but we'd already made our way back to England and started wrapping the various gifts that we'd bought whilst on tour.

"Do we have everything?" I hear Niall's voice from behind me. I look up, nodding as I place the last piece of tape.

"Our flight is tomorrow morning!" He says as he takes a seat on the couch behind me. I nod placing the last box in the suitcase that we have specifically for Christmas gifts. I lean my head back against his knee and let out a yawn, watching as he chuckles. "Finished," I say softly as I stand up, sitting down on Niall's lap with a smile.

Niall kisses my forehead, and runs his fingers through my hair as he sets me on the couch beside him with a chuckle. I watch as he walks off and I cuddle up to a pillow and cover myself with a blanket. "Where are you going?" I groan, getting no answer from him. I pull the cover over my head, resting my eyes.

I hear Niall's footsteps slowly making their way back down the long hallway, I peek up seeing him just as he turns the corner. I watch as he takes a deep breath, walking back over to me I feel my breathing hitch as he slowly bends down on one knee in front of me.

"I know this isn't the most romantic way to do this by any means but I know that you also have been waiting to know what I mean by, 'soon'," he's voice slowly and shaky as he lets out a small chuckle. "But London, I love you and I have loved you for years now!" he says, taking a deep breath.

"London Gabriella O'Connor, will you marry me?" He says as he opens the small velvet box he's holding between his hands.

I can't help but let the tears roll down my face, I grab his face gently kissing his lips whispering, "yes yes, a million times yes!" between the kiss.

________________________________

Um sorry that its literally been so lon, im the worst and I've been so busy with life and trying to keep up with living. and just a lot personal things.

but this is technically the end. 

there will be an epilogue though and its been in the works in my mind for a minute! But thank you all for all of the reads the comments and everything, it means the world to me and I can't even sit here and thank you all enough. It's really encouraged me to finish out this story and not just leave it on a cliff hanger! Im so so thankful for each and every single one of you!! I hope to write more in the distant future! 

I hope you all have the best 2021 possible! I love you <3  

pls always feel free to reach out to me on instagram @eighteenhoran ! It would mean the world to me to hear from y'all