| 16 |

Christmas Day

I wake up yawning, looking over to my side seeing Niall sleeping peacefully. I look over to the see Niall's phone on the nightstand, I lightly tap the screen to check the time. 7:34 AM, I stretch purposefully pushing Niall to try and wake him. He barely budges continuing to snore softly, I groan and yawn, sitting up in the bed looking out the window seeing the ground covered in nothing but snow. "Wake up, it's snowinggggg," I sing playfully. I watch as he rolls onto his stomach slowly and starts to wake up, rubbing his eyes. "'m up, I swear!" he says and peeks his head up at me with a smile.

"Are you?" I ask, raising my brow at his sleepy eyes. He smiles again, and nods his head reaching for his phone. I stretch my arms and sit down in front of the bench in front of my bay window pulling a blanket over my shoulders. "Nice, innit?" I hear Niall's voice from beside me as he takes a seat wrapping his arms around me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I love it!" I blush as I lean my head back against his chest.

*****

I watch as Niall moves around the kitchen making cups of hot chocolate for my whole family. "I can feel you lookin' love," he says as he turns around. "Sorry, I just can't believe that you're actually here!" I say with a smile as I take a seat at the counter. He smiles, walking over to me and setting a mug of hot chocolate in front of me, I instantly take it sipping on it.

"Well, better get to believing it!" he says with big smile on his lips.

We talk and sip on our hot chocolate before we hear the sound of footsteps racing down the stairs. I look to see both of my younger brother's run straight to the tree. I laugh softly, walking over to the two of them carrying a mug for Tate.  "Thank you," he says as he sips on it and sets it on the coffee table. "Don't thank me! Thank him," I chuckle, pointing to Niall.

"Thanks Niall," he says as he looks through the presents under the tree, looking for ones with his name written on them. "Tate, what are you doing?" I hear my mother's voice from the top of the stairs, Niall and I both let out a chuckle.

"I'm organizing!" he shrugs and looks up at her as she makes her way down the stairs. I watch as he actually seems to be organizing gifts into piles. I watch my mother as she lets out a soft chuckle, walking into the kitchen I watch as  Niall hands her a mug. She smiles, thanking him as she walks over taking a seat on the couch next to me. "Merry Christmas," She says outloud.

***

We all sit around the tree, Niall has propped himself on the arm of the couch, we watch as the boys open their gifts. I lean lightly against Niall, looking around the room with a smile across my lips. I feel his eyes on me and I look up, a blush creeping onto my face. "Hi," I whisper softly and he leans down placing a soft kiss on my lips, making me blush even more.

"You're gift is upstairs," he says against my lips, I feel my cheeks heat. "Niall! You shouldn't have," I tell him, looking up at him. He just shakes his head and leans it on mine, I watch as my parents open their gifts from me and the boys. 

I stand up walking into the kitchen grabbing a glass and filling it with water, I watch as everyone sits around the tree talking. I lean against the counter and my mind wanders. I rethink everything that's happened in the past with Niall. How drastically my life changed when he came into my life. We had gotten close again the past few months, I had already mentally confessed my love to him without doing it out loud.