04 - Personal

Your eyes opened and you lifted your head from the counter. You feel a slight heaviness on your shoulders and realize Albedo's coat laid over your shoulders as a makeshift blanket.

Glancing around the room, you find yourself empty in the alchemist's laboratory. The window let in a warm orange light indicating it was sundown. You stood up, exiting the room to look for Albedo, allowing his coat to hang on your shoulders.

After heading down the stairs you're greeted by Lisa, "Good evening dear," she says stopping before she enters the library.

"Good evening," you say with a soft voice as you had just woken up.

She leans into her hip and faces you, "I guess I should say 'good morning', it seems you've just woken up from a nice sleep." she comments jokingly.

"I admit I did fall asleep," you tell her, "Have you seen Albedo? He wasn't in his workshop."

The librarian is about to respond before a voice speaks before her, "Ah, so it was your voice I heard," you turn your head to the right. Albedo is standing at the door of Klee's room in an apron, "Were you looking for me? I just finished preparing a meal."

Lisa smiles, "Well, you guys go and hit it off~" she hums with a glint of playfulness in her eye, "I'll see you around dearies."

You wave to her and turn to Albedo again, "Come in," he says, "Klee's waiting."

Upon entering the room you see Klee sitting on a rug in the center of the room in front of a stout table, "Y/n!" she exclaims, "Big brother made us dinner like he promised! Woodland Dream!!"

"'Woodland Dream'?" you ask looping around to sit beside Klee, "I've never heard of that before."

"It's my own twist on Sunshine Sprat," Albedo says as he returns to the counter, plating the dishes delicately, "Did you rest well? I didn't want to wake you with my cooking so I came in here."

You smile and nod, "You didn't have to actually cook for me, I would've come with you either way."

The blonde finishes plating the dishes before picking them up and bringing them over to the table, "It's the latest I could do in return, you came out and helped me, on top of that you were injured. Making dinner is the least I could do to express my gratitude."

Again you smile, finding his kindness quite charming. Klee hops to her feet and runs to a drawer to retrieve utensils to eat with. She sits back down and hands you a fork and knife. 

You look down at the dish. The four pieces of fish were covered in a brown sauce and looked as if they were resembling a blooming flower. The fruits and greens along the edges of the plate added a nice earthly color to the plate making it all the more enticing.

Taking a bite, a burst of flavor explodes in your mouth. The fish was sweet, tender, and practically melted in your mouth. A pleasant hum came from the back of your throat and you chewed the fish.

"How is it?" he asks.

Covering your mouth with a grin you nod, "I think it may be the best Sunshine Sprat I've had!" you pipe excitedly.

Hearing this you see a smile form in his eyes, proud of his endeavor.

Before taking another bite you say, "I think you could become a professional chef if you tried."

This makes Albedo avert his eyes, your exaggeration making him bashful, "I wouldn't go that far... I merely cook to avoid having to dine in at restaurants."

--

When you finish eating you set off for the night. Thanking Albedo for the food and saying goodbye to Klee, you set off into the darkened streets of Mondstadt.