12 - Flames

"Run, Y/n!"

Albedo's voice shouted. It was the first time he's raised his voice. It shook your soul from deep within your body.

The second you hear this, you make a full commitment. You finally decide as you dash out from under the table, making a run for it.

A split second of quick observation and you find yourself charging right toward the first stranger you see. Your body rams into their stomach, sending them stumbling back into the shelf behind.

He was a giant. 

Nearly two entire feet taller than you. He crashed into the shelf but it hardly phased him. The agent recovered quickly and reached an arm out, grabbing you by your upper arm with a peeved grin.

"Wrong choice sweetheart," he seethes, but before he could return the favor and throw you into the shelf Albedo's sword pierces into the leg of the agent. The pain makes the agent loosen his grip around your arm you pull back out of reach, uppercutting the man's jaw as you do.

A clean giggle makes your eyes turn to the woman. She was wearing a hood and fatui mask, just about the same height as you. To top off her appearance, she wore a grin as her hand lifted to Albedo. Reacting quickly you grabbed her wrist, twisting it up and over her back as you pressed her onto the table.

From her frail figure and inability to defend from your action, you could tell she was clearly unfit to perform close combat, an easier match for you. Your head turns back to Albedo as he dodges a swing of a hammer.

As you hold the woman in place, her foot kicks up and hits your shin. A cold sensation arises on your leg and you look down. Your foot was entirely encased in ice, she pushes back and you're thrown off balance.

The ice breaks from your foot as you stumble backward and land on your rear with a "hmph". Your eyes flick up to her.

She's a vision user?

"Sorry love, we're not here for you," she hums, pressing her hand against your chest. Instantaneously, ice forms and encases your body leaving you frozen on the floor. Your view is obstructed by the crystalizing ice. Following soon after, you hear Albedo's grunt and a crash.

You grit your teeth, hearing the alchemist's grunts of pain from beneath the ice. It was now or never. You knew couldn't do anything without a weapon of some sort, but Albedo was being overwhelmed by the two, you couldn't sit around and just worry. For now, the fire from your hand was enough.

Your hand pressed against the ice that encased you.

It burned so quickly that the ice hardly had time to become water before evaporating into the air. When your vision is no longer obstructed, you see the larger Fatui agent holding Albedo in the air by the collar of his shirt.

Your eyes flicked down to the sword on the floor that Albedo was using.

Without a second to spare you dive for it, letting out a burst of flames from your hands to distract the two agents.

The mage blocks it with a wall of ice that quickly melts to the ground, but in that time you've grabbed the sword and pierced it into the other leg of the man. Albedo's eyes land on you as he coughs out words, "..don't use--" but the agent slams the alchemist into the wall before he could finish his sentence.

Their full attention was on you.

You felt confident. With the sword in your hand, you could use your delusion to its full extent without worrying about injuring Albedo. You drawback into a fighting stance before dashing toward the woman first. She attempts to dodge but your hand reaches her first, you swerve out of the way of the attacking male and push the woman to the ground.