25 - Fate

You tried to avoid asking about Albedo's meeting. As much as he tried to mask it, whatever happened during that exchange managed to get on his nerves. You could tell from his stiff stature and slight edge when he spoke that it was best to lay off his business.

This didn't change his friendliness with you, he had hooked your arm with his as if it were almost natural and held one of your crutches in his hand while you used the other crutch to ease your dependency on him.

You walked alongside him, making your way to the tea place he promised to bring you.

"Your hair is up," you point out.

His soft features were easier to spot without it all bunched up in his face. His neck felt longer and his eyes seemed brighter. He blinks twice before he glances at you, "It wasn't a conscious decision. Why? Do you like it?"

You nod, "You look refreshed."

"Hm," he gives a soft smile before dipping his head bashfully, letting his bangs fall in front of his face, "Perhaps I'll put it back more often then."

You nod again before asking, "So this tea place," you begin, hitting a stray rock with your crutch, "I've never heard of it, is it new?"

Albedo noises a small, "Mm," lifting his head to examine the passing buildings, "It had opened when you were in the cathedral, I had waited to go with you before I tried it myself."

"You waited?" you pipe, "It could've been ages before you'd be able to try it."

"I took my chances, it may have been wishful thinking, but I believed you'd recover swiftly enough to share evening tea with me," his mind drifted to how lucky you've been, causing him to frown slightly. You take notice of this as he pulls his arm a little closer to you, he only shakes his head, "Nevermind that, you're here with me now, are you not?"

You nod and he gives a gentle smile of affirmation telling you gently, "Then let's enjoy it," he slows his steps to a stop and glances up at a sign.

Stellaris Tea

"That's a unique name," you mention.

"I admit, it's a rather unique shop," Albedo responds, guiding you inside and opening the door for you.

The tea shop's door chimes and two heads turn to check the door, "Welcome!" a girl with an extravagant hat seems to slip from view then reappears in front of you, "Chief Albedo, you're finally back, we've been waiting. Are you here for a reading and tea?"

Albedo waves a hand and shakes his head, "Just tea," he tells the girl.

"Of course," she responds, "In that case, have a seat and my friend will take care of you."

"Thank you."

Right in front of your eyes, the girl vanishes, causing you to falter for a moment. Albedo tugs you slightly towards a table and you follow, your eyes still focused on the empty spot where the girl was standing.

"Did she?"

"Mona Megistus," Albedo responds, expecting you to ask, "She didn't really disappear, it's an illusionary torrent. She specializes in hydromancy and astrology." The blonde pulls out your chair for you before sitting down himself.

"So the reading she was speaking of..." you look around the room, trying to find where she went, "She can read and see our future?"

"I can determine your fate based on the truth reflected in the stars," Mona appears again, just by your table, startling you, "It's a study in hydromancy that my teacher had perfected, would you like to see?"