35 - Flushed

Welkin Moon Giveaway! Info after chapter :)

Albedo seeped the teabag in his mug, sitting and ignoring Kaeya as he taunted the redhead that sat across from them at the dining table.

He allows the chaos to ensure until he finishes preparing his drink, clearing his throat after taking a sip, "I believe since Y/n in yet to come down, we should discuss my situation first."

Both of the bickering men look at him. Sitting back in their chairs as they instantly focus on the more important situation at hand.

"Right," Diluc replies, crossing his arms while giving Kaeya a sideways glance, "In my opinion, telling the knights you're missing and keeping a low profile would be more beneficial, given the current circumstances. But, of course, it is your decision."

Albedo nods, appreciating how quickly Diluc returned to the topic, "I agree," he states simply, "But there are a few implications if we were to resort to that means," the blonde takes a sip, pausing his words, "I was thinking about it last night and I'd have to request a few favors if we are to keep me under Mondstadt's radar."

Diluc lifts a hand and dips his head, allowing Albedo to lay out his requests. "Firstly," Albedo straightens his back, "During your trip back to the knights, if you could, I have a few notebooks full of research that may be of importance to the Fatui's plan. If you can retrieve those, I would be ever more grateful."

The redhead nods, "Consider it done."

"As for myself," Albedo taps the table with his fingers, "I would need to find a place other than my camp in Dragonspine or the workshop at the Headquarters. Once that is out of the way, I can work out my troubles with the Fatui without stirring–" as the blonde spoke he noticed the two men's eyes flick behind him, distracted from the words coming from the alchemist's mouth.

The blonde turns his head, his teal blue eyes landing on your figure. Once he saw you, he understood the reason for the brother's absent-mindedness in the conversation. You looked different.

The attire he had made for you and the style in which you fixed your hair was much different than your normal adventurer's look. Before he left, he had braided your once disheveled hair into a short ponytail, your vision hung on the tie that pulled your hair back, bringing attention to your young face.

As for your clothes, they were designed originally for Albedo himself, but they fit you perfectly. Too perfectly, the dark slim-fit jeans accented your hips and the knee-high boots made you look taller. On top of it, the royal blue hooded sweater lifted just over the rim of your jeans, teasing a view of your bare stomach, it matched perfectly with the white coat you pulled on top of it.

You looked –in a lack of better words– stunning.

Even the cane he had created matched your new style perfectly. The dark blue rod, detailed with his signature flower design at the handle matched the clothes he gave.

Kaeya sent an annoyed glance in Albedo's direction before turning his head back forward.

"What," you ask, leaning into the cane as you started toward the table, "Do I look odd?"

"You look fine, Y/n," Diluc tells.

Kaeya lifted his cup to his mouth, "It looks like a certain alchemist threw up on you."

Albedo takes a sip as well, pulling out the empty chair beside him, "To be fair, they are clothes I designed for myself. Y/n just so happened to be a similar size."

"It feels like you've imprinted on her." the one-eyed knight responds.

You turn your head, "What–"