06 - Unprecedented

Albedo had a rather pleasant time. Neither of you noticed as the entire day went by right before your eyes. After catching a total of five fish you brought it to his lab so you wouldn't walk around all day with them, then you managed to convince Albedo to eat out at Cat's Tail where you spent most of your time.

He was rather attracted to the number of cats surrounding him as he ate. You both easily wasted two hours or more sitting at that tavern before you both went out for a walk.

That's where both of you were now. You both reached a scenic point where you found yourselves sitting in the grass beside a waterfall in Springvale, looking up at the stars above.

You take a deep inhale of the cold fresh air before exhaling as you fall back to lay on the grass. Reaching a hand up towards the stars, you grin, "It's been a while since I've had this much free time," your voice was quiet, but loud enough for Albedo to hear, "I had fun today, thank you."

Unlike you, his focus wasn't on the stars but on the delicate smile on your face as the moonlight shone brightly on your clear skin. There was something about your smile that he was attracted to, but couldn't put a pin on.

You look up at him and your eyes meet. He notices how your eyes reflected the moonlight, much like a deer struck by a light on a road. Though, unlike how a stunned deer would look straight through you, your gentle eyes sent a comforting feeling as they lay on him.

He was in awe with how your eyes seemed to glow under the starlit sky, despite this he turned his eyes up to the stars away from you as he spoke, "I can't remember the last time I spent the day like this."

His hair neatly falls back behind his ears as his head turns up to the sky, "Whenever Acting Grand Master would tell me to take a day off, I find there's nothing to do. I often find myself doing nothing," he pauses, "I guess there is a difference when you spend it with someone else."

An easy silence then washes over the both of you.

Time seemed to fly by after you met Albedo. You've known each other for nearly three months now and have seen each other everyday but this seemed to be the first time you both truly felt as if there was a connection.

He felt different around you. To him, you were and opening to a world unknown, a gateway to new experiences. Before knowing you, he'd hardly give a thought to his own emotions, but now he always second guesses how he's feeling. He'd ask himself, 'Why do I feel this way?' or 'What is this feeling?', the thoughts troubled him, his lack of understanding making him feel more inhuman than he did before. 

Despite this, he always felt comforted by your presence. He worked easier and much faster, the new emotions made him feel somewhat invigorated as he focused on research.

Your view of him was somewhat similar to this. Albedo's calm nature and collected attitude made the world feel slower. It moved at a pace that never felt as if you were spinning or going too fast. It was easy to relax around him. 

On top of this, his kindness and attempts to always understand you made trusting him a simple task, even on the first day of meeting him you felt like you could trust him with anything.

Though, the alchemist's curiosity seemed to rub off on you. Since you've known him, you've always been wanting to pry into deeper waters. The main thing that interested you was his obscure background. 

You didn't know much about him, he's only told you that he came to Mondstadt after Alice received a recommendation from his former master, other than this, his past was unbeknownst to you. The reason for him being seemingly incapable of regular emotions made you ponder, you had several ideas for the reason why but could never know for sure.