💝 Little Things 💝

*Kylos POV*
I woke up this morning to find myself spending my day doing mundane tasks around the base, fixing broken panels, instructing some newbies and chatting up Finn and Rose.
I felt a sense of dread behind each task I completed, as if everything I did meant nothing. Rather, I felt a sense of emptiness. I felt robotic, and as if I was just going through the motions.
By the time I got home I collapsed onto the sofa and huffed a deep breath and turned around to face the ceiling. I stretched my arms over my head and closed my eyes.
I began to envision the work I would have to do tomorrow, which made me feel, if anything, worse.
I cleared my thoughts before slowly dozing off.
[Time Skip]
I felt myself awake when a warm hand massaged my shoulder and a beautiful woman's figure appeared before my eyes.
"Benny, let's go to bed now."
A soft set of lips pressed on my forehead as my eyes opened.
I slowly lifted my body upwards and rose to my feet. Rubbing my eye as I yawn and am led down the narrow hallway to the bedroom at the end.
By the Time I sat on the king sized mattress I was awake.
I laid down and tucked myself under the covers.
The girl lifted the covers and snuggled up next to me, resting her head on my bare chest.
I lifted a hand to her head as I stroked her hair and hummed, "I love you, Rey."
She huffed under her breath, "I love you too, Ben."
I settled down and drifted off to sleep as I thought about where I was. I was cozied up next to the love of my life, warm and safe together. It didn't matter what tomorrow had in store, all that mattered was here and now, and all that mattered was the little things that kept me going.
_______________
Sorry it's been so long!
Please please PLEASE leave requests or ideas in the comments! I want to write more but I'm out of ideas!
Love you guys! Xx