💝 Night Terrors 💝

439 Words
⚠️ SPOILER ALERT ⚠️
{Kylo isn't dead but everything else is pretty much the same}
*Reys POV*
I awoke in a cold sweat, my clothes soaked and the sheets messy, my hair was in knots and it took a moment to realize where I was.
I painted heavily just another nightmare I told myself.
I lie back down, my heart still racing in my chest. I take a few deep breaths and I hear a soft groan, I look over to see my partner lying down, fast asleep. I smile, before closing my eyes, before my eyes shut completely I hear a soft voice
"Rey?"
I look at the tired figure sit up and rub his eyes
"What's wrong?"
"Oh, nothing,"
I wipe the dots of sweat off of my forehead.
He looks at me, a concerned look grows across his face.
I hate having people worry about me, it makes me feel like a burden, or like a little sheep, barely capable of being on its own.
It makes me feel weak.
I look away,
"It's alright, go back to sleep-"
I suddenly feel a pair of warm arms grab me and pull me tight. I nuzzle my face into the fabric of the cotton white tee Ben wore.
I breathed in his masculine musk, feeling comforted, knowing that he's here.
I'm here.
We're here together.
I relax a bit, but at the same time, get overwhelmed with emotion.
I get flashbacks, of my parents, of battles, of death, blood and destruction, and more.
A tear falls down my cheek.
Ben rocks me in his arms,
"Shhh, what's wrong?"
He hushes.
I breathe in a bit,
"I love you..."
"Whats wrong?"
I look away
"I keep having nightmares, about the day with Palpatine, Where I died, where I found out my horrible ancestory, the day we lost Leia"
I am interrupted by his hushed voice,
"The day the first order was defeated, the day Kylo died and Ben came back, the day we finally realized our love for each other."
He kisses my forehead.
"You need to stop focusing on the negatives and look at the positives. We won!"
He forces me to look at him, my tear filled eyes stuck in an unbreakable lock with his.
"We won."
He smiles at me and kisses my cheek before closing his eyes and falling back asleep.
"What did I do..." I whisper softly, a smile plastered across my face, "to deserve a boyfriend like you?" I nuzzle my head into the crook of his neck, and close my eyes. Needless to say, I did not have any more nightmares.