Prologue: The Abandoned Place

"Amari watch out!" I shouted as a huge snake released a poisonous liquid towards her.

"Wall of Cleone " she shouted and an ice wall appeared deflecting the poison.

I proceeded and exorcised the impurity.

"That's it in this area, let's proceed to the old plaza, the director wants us to check something in there" She said and I nodded.

Impurities, they are the manifestation of all the negative energies. Fears, doubt, anger, deceit, sadness, hopelessness, greed, lust. They take the form of evil spirits and posses living creatures causing a mutation. An increase in size and powers, it gives them new abilities and such.

Exorcists, humans who are chosen to fight impurities, they are beings that has a greater life energy than others that allows them to wield spirit weapons.

Spirit weapons are special weapons forged centuries ago to fight impurities. They are cages to powerful spirits that pars with the evil.

"Amari, let's turn back" I said as we go nearer, I felt an ominous presence in the plaza.

"I think we'll be just fine" she replied. Amari after all is an S rank offensive type exorcist.

"I'm an S rank and Aezier is an A rank remember?" she added. I just looked away as we continue to enter.

That presence is getting stronger. We stopped in the front of a fun house.

"Amari!" I once again shouted. An electronic kangaroo mascot came charging towards us.

"HIHIHIHIHIHI!" A weird laugh was coming out of the fun house. It got louder and louder until a figure came out.

A clown?

"A human based impurity" I whispered.

This must be our lucky day.

"Cleo" she called and a bow appeared in her hand. Cleo is an S rank ice spirit that's inside a bow.

"Eclaise" I called and a long katana appeared in my hand. Eclaise is a special type weapon that belongs to the highest class, SSS.

For some reason she used to have a pitch black blade but she transformed into a silver bladed katana when I started wielding her.

"Let's go Aezier!" she commanded and I attacked the impurity head on but the electronic kangaroo got in the way. Guess I'll handle that first.

"Eclaise, rewrite code to 3" I said and my weapon's power flowed through me.

Codes are used to command the weapon. It has 10 stages that dictates the amount of power your weapon releases. It ranges from positive 5 upto negative 5 with the negative being the strongest stage.

I charged at the Kangaroo and tried slashing it but it was fast.

Tsk.

"Cleo code 2"

"Hail!" I heard Amari and left the vicinity. A shower of sharp Ice shards rained upon the Electronic doll.

"It got... Exorcised" She said as the once metal kangaroo turned into black dust.

It was an electronic device. Impurities should only be able to inhabit living organisms.

The clown was just standing there smiling creepily.

"HIHIHIHIHIHI!!!" He laughed again then-

"Cover you ears!!" I shouted as we both proceeded to do it.

It let out a loud scream enough to be heard in the area then after a few moments 3 more electronic dolls came out the fun house.

"Eclaise, rewrite code to 1" I commanded as the dolls charged towards us.

"Black slash" I chanted then black flame like aura covered my sword. I swung my sword towards one doll slashing right through it.

Two more.

"Breath of Cleone" Amari casted causing a doll to freeze solid.

We both attacked the last doll remaining then all that's left is the clown.

"Feeling like fighting yet?" Amari asked it.

It smiled and disappeared from our sight.

Where did it go?

"Ama-" I couldn't finish my words when it suddenly appeared and plunged it's hand to Amari's stomach.

"Gaahh" she let out as blood spilled out along with her guts.

"AMARI!!"

"ECLAISE, REWRITE CODE TO -2" I COMMANDED.

"You shithead!!" I shouted and charged towards it. 

It removed it's hand and dodged me causing Amari to fall to the ground.

"Crib of darkness" I casted and pitch black liquid covered Amari's body, this will atleast stop the wound from bleeding. I casted a barrier around her then stood up and faced the smiling bastard.

"Amari, just stay still" I said.

"Mana boost"

"Mana sense"

I'll kill you.

"Spirit of darkness lend me protection" I whispered.

"Veil" I stated and thin black clothing covered my whole body.

We were still for a few moments then it disappeared.

From the right.

I blocked it's attack and tried slashing it.

"Slow" I said.

I chased after it with continuous attacks, it keeps on dodging the vital ones bit it's still getting wounded on some point.

"Judgment of the Vengeful" I casted.

A huge black sword appeared above us. As I swung down my sword it did the same, hitting the clown.

Weak.

I walked towards it about to finish things up when it looked up and gave the creepiest smile I ever saw.

Except for Luka's.

I sensed a huge mana from it and backed off but I was too late. It released a pure blast of energy all around it. The structures around got destroyed as well.

Luckily I was wearing the veil so the damage is not as bad.

I looked around and the goddamn clown is gone.

It escaped. tsk.

I was going back to Amari's body when I sensed a familiar presence.

"Yo Aezier, you look so badd~" Tsk. couldn't this get any worse.

"Why the hell are you even here?" I irritably asked.

"Apparently what lives here is not just a normal high class impurity" He answered.

"It's a human-based one" I interrupted.

"Aahh~ so you fought it after all" I just rolled my eyes at him.

"How about Amari? Where is she?"

I just ignored him continuing to walk then he followed me. I sighted the barrier I set up and stood beside it and removed it.

"Ahh~ this is bad" I heard him mutter.

"Didn't you bring any car?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Then you carry her" I said then he pouted, he picked up her body still covered in black liquid.

We walked back to the city for almost half an hour.

When we arrived Amari was immediately sent to the medical ward and I had to report what happened to Luka.

I headed back to the apartment and just buried my face into the pillow.

Ending my day with him is always tiring and it's honestly the worst.