nine

🌸 c h a p t e r  9 🌸

-

THANKSGIVING BREAK arrived sooner than most students expected. For nearly all of J. High, it was a chance to visit relatives, go on vacation, and relax from all that tiring school work they never actually do. Unfortunately, Y/N couldn't say the same thing.

"At 5 P.M today, you have a stock holder's meeting, tomorrow at 10 A.M you must attend a potential contractor's meeting with a sub-company of an affiliated CEO, then at 3 P.M there is the monthly evaluation of trainees in Group A, and at 9 P.M later that day one of Mr. L/N's secretaries requested an appointment in Busan....are you listening, Miss Y/N?" Leo glanced up from his clipboard.

"..You said I'm free for the rest of break?" Y/N gleamed hopefully.

Seeing the deadpan look on Leo's face made her pout and reply, "I'm joking, I heard all of it." Then she sighed. "Those slimy bastards always get on my nerves. I ought to strangle their throats and shove it up their fu—"

The redhead cleared his throat, "I have booked you a subway ticket to Busan in consideration of your wishes. Mr. L/N has asked me to express his discomfort of your transportation choices though."

She waved it off, "I don't want to use the private jet. It's not like I'm going out of the country."

She shifted her eyes to the clock and stood up from her chair unenthusiastically. "Let's head down to the office room before they start clawing at each other's throats."

As usual, the stock holder meeting was suffocating and intense. What could you expect from a room of competitive people full of ambition and greed? It wouldn't mix well. The only form of leadership and unity was Y/N's presence; she held the majority of the company's stocks and was mostly respected by everyone else for her skills and authority. Leo wasn't worried despite Y/N being a young girl in a room of grown adults, consisting of mostly men. Like a switch, she was a completely different person once she was in business mode. There was no fooling around or joking.

The next day she went through with everything that was scheduled. In the afternoon, she attended the evaluation for the trainees in her company. Usually, Y/N would give surprise visits during these evaluations, so when she arrived, the trainees gained a large boost of motivation.

They felt a closer connection to their CEO, who no one outside of company knew the identity of. It was an honor to even be scouted by Kingdom Entertainment.

After a mountain of paperwork, Y/N leaned back in her chair and stretched out her neck and arms.

Her subway ride was going to depart in half an hour, so she decided now was a good time to leave.

She threw on black leggings, a tee, and a slightly oversized denim jacket, chunky sneakers, and a cap. The subway station wasn't particular busy or empty. There was a few people, but it was nowhere near as busy as normal hours.

Even with the smaller amount of people present, Y/N still gained the attention of every pair of eyes wherever she went.

"Oh my god.."

"Is she a celebrity?"

"Her skin looks so soft.."

Meanwhile Y/N zoned out as she leaned against a pillar and scrolled through her phone. Anyone could tell she just had a different aura.

"H-hi-! S..sorry to bother you, but, uh, I saw you from other there..A-and, can I have your number..?" An tall, more on the attract side boy came up to her with a small blush on his cheeks. He avoided eye contact.

Y/N was the sole daughter of a respected business man worth billions of dollars. Millions of people idolized her online, to the point of stalkers and paparazzis following her everyday. Her every move was watched as she was always the center of attention. From an even younger age, she was praised as a genius and built up her own company before becoming an adult. Countless men, famous actors, millionaires, and celebrities included, have attempted to court her. But now a somewhat cute dude asked for her number at a subway station. What did she do?

"Sure, let's go to a cafe one day," Y/N smiled and typed in her number casually.

"Y-yes!" The boy didn't look like he was expecting her to say yes. He would never forget this moment.

"My train is about to come. I'll see you sometime in the future!" Y/N waved goodbye as she walked away from her spot. 

In front of where the train to Busan (hands up if you get it) was supposed to arrive, Y/N stood behind a young male with blonde hair. His physique was familiar.

"Jay?"

The male turned around at the mention of his name.

"You're going to Busan too?" She asked, pleasantly surprised.

He nodded, unaware of this situation also.

"You're also going alone?"

He nodded.

Y/N paused and noticed a tall mall with dark hair standing a few feet behind Jay. The coincidence was too much. This wasn't some type of fictional story.

"Daniel?"

"Y/N? And Jay?!" He sputtered. "You guys are going somewhere too? I'm going to a friend's house in Sunukdo. It's good to see you guys, but where are are going?"

At that moment, Y/N and Jay looked at each other with the exact same thought on their mind. No words were needed.

Minutes passed and they all sat on the train.

"That's crazy! For all of us to have the same destination. And even the same train!"

All of a sudden, a loud bang was heard from the entrance. The few passengers could see a bloody hand crawl from the ground, a mysterious black oozing from its veins. A lady twitched violently, strange animalistic sounds coming from her mouth. Then her eyes rolled to the back of her head while blood dripped from her wounds. The crazed lady lunged at another passenger and bit a chunk out of neck, causing his flesh to fly around.

Zombies had now begun appearing in the major cities of the world. Only the strong would survive.

Just kidding. The last two paragraphs never happened.

The pair consisting of Y/N and Jay had the corner of their lips pulled up, their train tickets to Busan now nowhere to be seen, just like they never existed in the first place.

•••

Easter is coming woohooo
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in two weeks wish me luck :]