three

c h a p t e r  3

c h a p t e r  3

-

THE DAY OF the festival had finally arrived.

For J. High students, excitement filled the air for this long anticipated day that served as a much needed break of fun and relaxation. There were a wide range of ideas for each department, from snack booths to cafes. Many took the opportunity to make some profit and support their class endeavors.

In the midst of the ocean of events, there was the infamous Slave Auction, which didn't really sound legal at all, but who cares? It's Lookism.

A well-defined male with a small ponytail and mole under his eye took the stage, microphone in hand. "I'm Hwan Kim from the baking department. I'll be hosting the show this year since I was sold for the highest bid last year!"

Awed cheers came from the audience, mostly girls waiting to use all of their allowance to snatch up the cutest boy they saw like hungry hyenas.

"For this event, girls bid on freshman guys until there is the highest bidder. The winner gets an eight hour date on the day of her choosing. Dates at night are not allowed, so forget that! The girl also can't treat the guy like her slave! All money raised by the slave auction will go to charity!"

"The first slave is Beom Kim from the Practical Music Department!"

"$50!"

"$60!"

$65!"

"Okay! Sold for $65!"

With his shaggy dirty-blonde hair ruffled over his eye in a poor attempt to hide his disappointment, the peeved boy huffed arrogantly, That's all?

This went on for a while as they went through the line of boys. One even managed to garner a $500 bid, but it turned out the entirety of the beauty department combined forces to bid for him.

"Next up is...oh! I saw this guy before and I was amazed!"

"...Fashion department, Daniel Park!"

It was chaos. The girls lost it.

"Honey! Take me!"

"Who is that?!"

"He's so handsome!"

"$300!" A girl with short bobbed hair, Zoe, slapped her hand violently on a table. Hoo hoo! I saved up for this day. I must have this date with Daniel! My budget is around $500! This should be enough for me to be the winner!