thirteen

🌸 c h a p t e r  1 3 🌸

🌸 c h a p t e r 1 3 🌸

-

"BETTING? WHAT'S THAT?"

Short Daniel, Zoe, Jiho, and Duke hung out at their usual place, the convenience store that Daniel was employed at. Duke answered honestly, "It's illegal gambling..do something to stop Jiho. He just keeps going around getting robbed."

"N-no way!" Jiho refuted. "It's a loan! He's paying it back today!"

"Oh, I know that!" Zoe added. "It was on the news because celebs are into it too, right? And it's super trendy among teens these days."

The entrance to the store rang, and the four of them looked up to see who it was. "Time for some ramen~" A familiar voice sang as she skipped to the shelf with ramen. "Woah, there's a lot of people here.  Hey Zoe and Daniel! And you guys are Duke and Jiho, right?"

In terms of the school hierarchy, people like Duke and Jiho were considered the bottom of the bottom. Though, Duke's rapping skills did push him up slightly. On the other hand, a girl like Y/N was at the very tip-top of the chain. They couldn't believe she had bothered to remember them.

Daniel didn't realize he was somewhat used to her coming to the convenience store now. One could say she was a regular here. "Hi Y/N. The other Daniel said he never got to thank you for helping him out with the photo shoot a few days ago."

"Tell him it was no problem. We're friends, right?"

"Of course, yeah," He was glad Y/N still treated him the same despite his unsightly appearance.

Zoe once again felt defeated. S-she's close to this Daniel too?! How does she do this?!

"Oh—welcome!"

The door rang again. This time, a tall male with a charming smile walked in with confidence. "There you are! So this is the right place."

"John!" Jiho's voice was hopeful.

"Jiho~why'd you ask me to come here of all places? Oh, these are your friends! Nice." Dang, that girl has a nice rack. His eyes lowered to Zoe's chest area slyly. When he did, a piercing gaze at a nearby table was aimed at him. A girl was sitting there with a cup of ramen. Woah! That's the hottest chick I've ever seen! How does Jiho know a girl like that?

Clearing his throat, he pulled out two $50 bills from his coat pocket, "Here. Your loan. I put in some interest since I won $500."