Baasik: High School Sweetheart(Pt. 2)

Here's part 2!!!

You get to find out what Nate and Gabe are planning. Yay!

__________________

(Your POV)

"Come on, (Y/N)! We're gonna be late!"

I ran down stairs the best I could in heels. I looked at the time and saw that if we left now we wouldn't be late but actually thirty minutes early.

"Mom, we're fine." I replied.

My mom looked at her watch and shuddered. "I know, I'm just nervous and excited."

"It's alright but I do want to be early. I have to meet Nate before it starts."

My mom called my dad and (insert what number of siblings + genders you want) and we all hopped in the car. As we drove to the school one last time, I felt my excitement grow. I was finally graduating and soon I'd be off to college to study to be a (insert career of your choice).

When we arrived I said goodbye to my family and went to join my classmates. I found some of my friends and eventually spotted Nate amongst our class. I made my way over to him and I could he was just as nervous and excited as I was.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Absolutely."

We continued to talk before it was time for everyone to line up. After we were lined up, a couple of seconds passed and the music played as we all began walking out. As I took my seat, I looked around and spotted my family in the crowd, my mom of course was filming. After the introduction, one by one we all crossed the stage and received our diplomas. After the ceremony, Nate and I changed out of our gowns and found our families.

"Oh honey, we're so proud of you!" My mom cried as she hugged me.

"Thanks, mom." I replied, hugging the rest of my family.

Out of the cheers and tears of joy, I hear Gabe clear his throat. He looked at Nate, then motioned with his head to me.

"Hey (Y/N), can I talk to you for a moment?" Nate asked. "Outside?"

"Sure."

I followed Nate outside and we got out of earshot of the other students and families who were chatting in the parking lot. Nate was fidgeting with his hands and his breathing was a little bit faster than normal.

"So," he started. "You know that now that we've graduated, I'm going to the Navy and you're going to college?"

I nodded but it was hesitant. Why was this how he started the conversation? I was staying local, so that I'd be here when he came home. Was he breaking up with me? He wouldn't, would he?

"Well, anything can happen while I'm away."

I heard his words but part of me didn't want to. As proud of him as I was, I hated the thought of anything happening to him but I knew it was something that easily could happen. I nodded again for him to continue.

"Well, there's something I want to do before I leave. For when peopel ask who I'm going home to. I want to be able to tell them that I'm going home to my high school sweetheart." Nate's hands moved behind his back and I could see him fiddling with something. "But I want to be able to call her my wife."

I felt my hands move to cover my mouth as Nate got down on one knee and moved his hamds out from behind his back to reveal as velvet black box. He opened it and inside was a beautiful Diamond ring.

"(Y/N), will you marry me?"

My hands slowly moved to cover my mouth as tears began flow down my face. I didn't hesitate to answer and had no doubt about my answer. "Yes!"

Nate smiled at me and stood up, placing the ring on my finger. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled ne into a tight hug. Once we both collected ourselves, we headed back inside to our families.

"Well?" Gabe inquired as he notiuus walk back in.

I held up my left hand, showing everyone the ring. Our families erupted with cheers and embraced the two of us.

"So this is what you two were planning." I said, playfully as I hugged Gabe.

"Yeah. It was Nate's idea and me and your dad just helped him out a bit." Gabe replied.

"And now we have a lot of planning to do if we wanna get you two married before Nate leaves." Naomi added.

I smiled at the thought of all the planning we would get to do. I leaned into my now-fiancé's chest and I felt his arms wrap around my waist. We didn't have as long as other couples did but all the rush and planning wpuld be worth it when I would one day get to welcome my husband home.

_____________________________

A/N: Well, there's part 2. Sorry it took so long.

Was anyone thinking a proposal was what they were planning?

Anyway, hope you guys liked it :)

Also here's what the ring looked like: