FamilyJules: Family Meeting

Imagine dating Jules for several months and finally introducing him to your parents, and it going not quite as planned.

Insert guide:
(Y/HT/N)= Your Hometown name

(Y/L/N)= your last name

(Y/D/N)= your dad's name

(Y/F/D/N)= your family dog's name(yes you're family has a dog, thank me later)
_________________________________________

(Your POV)

I stared out the window with a blissful gleam in my eyes. On the other hand, Jules looked ready to burst with anxiety and he drove through the streets of (Y/HT/N). I hadn't been home in a long time and now that we had been dating for several months I figured it was time I introduced him to my parents.

"It's gonna be fine." I reached iver and laid my hand on his shoulder.

Jules glanced over at me. "Anything I need to know before we get there?"

"Well, my parents are a little strict." I answered. "And a little protective. And judgmental. It's more so my dad than my mom but it's gonna be fine. Trust me."

Jules smiled but I could still he was nervous. We arrived at my house in a matter of minutes. We got our luggage from the trunk and walked up to the front door. I rang the doorbell and my mom answered.

"(Y/N)! Welcome home, dear." She enveloped me in a bone-crushing hug. "Come in, come in."

I walked in with Jules behind me and we sat our stuff by the door. (Y/F/D/N) ran around the corner barking happily and jumping on our legs. Jules and I both bent down to scratch her ears. My dad appeared from the living room. "Welcome home, sweetheart." He pulled me into a hug.

I pulled away and link my arm with Jules's. "Mom, dad, this is my boyfriend, Jules."

Jules extended his hand to my parents. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. (Y/L/N)."

Mom took his hand eagerly. "It's wonderful to meet you too! We're happy to have you."

While my mom was ecstatic, Dad was eyeing Jules up and down before taking his hand without a word.

"Why don't you three go in the living room and chat. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes."
Mom suggested, disappearing into the kitchen.

The three of us proceeded to the living room an awkward silence growing. Jules and I sat on one couch and my dad sat across from us on the other. (Y/F/D/N) layed down at my feet and rested her head on her paws.

Dad flicked his finger between me and Jules. "So how long has this been goong on?"

"We've been dating for a year now." I answered.

Dad's only reply was a slow nod as he continued eyeing Jules. Mom appeared from the kitchen, wiping her hands with a towel. "Dinner will be ready shortly." She announced, sitting next to my dad. "So how did you two meet?"

"We met at a shop back in California." I explained. "We bumped into each other and here we are."

Mom smiled. "So Jules, what do you do for work?"

Jules rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm a youtuber."

After he replied, I looked at my parents. Mom's eyes lit up while Dad's eyes closed, almost to a glare. "What kind of video do you make?" Mom aksed.

"Well, I'm a musician. I make guitar covers of video game songs." Jules explained.

"Oh, we should watch one after dinner. You look like one talented, young man." Mom suggested. "Don't you think, dear?"

Dad let his hand rest in his lap. "You're joking, right?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jules swallow nervously. "Umm....no I'm not, sir."

Dad began shaking his head. "Youtube?! You are absolutely serious! What kind of job is that?!"

"(Y/D/N)!" Mom interjected.

"What?!" Dad continued. "That's not a viable career. Do you want our daughter to be poor the rest of her life?! I will not accept this. Our daughter needs to be with a man who has a real job!"

Dad's words flew through the air like bullets. I looked over at Jules just as he rose from his spot and left thr room, his footsteps disappearing up the stairs.

I turned back to my father. "Really, dad?"

"He is not gonna be able to provide for you." Dad's boice was stern.

"So what?" I retorted. "He's a great guy."

"I will not approve of this." Dad repeated.

"I don't care!" I was on my feet now. "Jules is an amazing guy. He loves me and takes good care of me. He's sweek, kind, and protective. And if you can't accept that I found a guy that I actually like then don't expect me to visit ever again!"

I turned on my heels and ran upstairs after Jules. All the doors upstairs were open except for one: my old room. I slowly opened the door to find Jules sitting on my bed. He looked up at me as I walked in and I noticed his eyes were a little red and puffy. I sat down beside him and started rubbing his back.

"Are you okay?." I asked.

Jules reached up and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"Don't listen to him." I said. "Nothing he said was true."

"Still hurts." Jules sighed.

I reached over and wrapped an arm around him and let him rest his head on my shoulder. We sat there for a couple of minutes, before we heard mom call from downstairs.

"(Y/N), Jules! Can you two come hear, please?"

Jules and I glanced at each other before heading downstairs. (Y/F/D/N) ran up to us, sniffing and whimpering like she knew we were upset. I looked over at dad and noticed that his gaze had softened.

"Your father has something he'd like to say." Mom informed us as we sat on the couch.

"I'm sorry. To both if you." Dad said. He reached over and took my mom's hand. "Like she awlays, your mother talked some sense into me. You're not a kid anymore, (Y/N). You know what's best for you." He turns to Jules. "Jules, I know my daughter well enough to that she see the best in people. All I ask is that you take care of her and protect her."

"I will, I promise." Jules relied, taking my hand.

I got up and hug my father. "Thanks, dad."

Suddenly, a loud ding came from the kitchen. "And dinner is ready." Mom announced. We all headed to the kitchen and as we sat down at the table, my dad patted Jules on his shoulder.

"And don't forget,"he said. "you have to show us some of your videos after dinner."