Baasik: Trapped

Requested by Shadowthehedgehog200

________________________________
(Your POV)
I could hear the wind howl outside and the rain pound against the house. A flash of lightning illuminated the living room and a large rumble of thunder followed. I sat on the couch wrapped up in a blanket, trembling. I didn't do well with thunderstorms.

Through the roar of the storm, I heard footsteps coming downstairs. Nate appeared with his phone in hand and he flipped it around to ahow me the forecast.

"Doesn't look like the storm's gonna let up any time soon." He said as he sat down beside me. "Looks like we'll be trapped here for a while."

I chuckled nervously. "Can you close the blinds?"

"Sure." Nate stood up and walked over to the windows. Just as he shut the blinds, another flash of lightning lit up the sky and the living room went dark. Nate walked over to the light switch and flicked it a couple of times. "And the power's out."

I could feel my heart rate speed up a bit and I hoped that through the darkness, Nate wouldn't be able to see me shaking but by the way he was looking at me, I see that he could.

"Don'tworry. I have candles and flash lights." He said. He pulled his phone back out and turned its flashlight on. "Do you wanna help me get them or stay here?"

"I'll stay here." I replied.

Nate left with a nod. After a couple of minutes, he came back with an armful of candles and flashlights. He set the flashlights on the coffee table and set the candles up in the kitchen, living room and hallway by the bathroom. In a matter of minutes, the house was lit up again.

Nate sat down beside me again and grabbed my hand, causing me to blush a little. "See? It's just a thunderstorm. We're gonna be okay."

I did my best to smile. I kept repeating his words to myself, hoping that it would calm me down but it wasn't working. Another rumble of thunder erupted and shook the house a bit. I yelped a bit in surprise and wrapped my blanket tighter around me. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist. I loooked up to see that Nate had scooted closer to me.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I stuttered, more blush creeping onto my face.

"Protecting you from the storm." Nate replied. "Any storm, literal or metaphorical, will have to get through me before it gets to you."

"Thanks." I smiled up at him.

Just as I was started to calm down, another large burst of thunder and lightning roared outside. I snuggled up against Nate's chest and I could feel myself start to shake again.

"I know something that might distract you from the storm." Nate said.

"What?" I asked.

"Look up at me."

I looked up at Nate. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before leaning down and planting a light kiss on my lips. It only lasted a coupl of seconds but it was everything I imagined it to be like.

"Did thay help?" Nate asked.

"I don't know." I answered, jokingly. "You might need to try again."

Nate smirked and kissed me again. It was a little longer than the first and when he pulled away, I snuggled back up against his chest.

"I think that helped." I said.

Nate laid his head in top of mine. "Good."

We stayed like that for the rest of the night, as the storm blew around us. I soon had stopped shaking and no longer felt scared. Out of all the people I could've been trapped with, I'm happy it was with Nate.