Chapter 2

Aesop was in his room reading. He could hear the people downstairs talking about how late the recent survivors returned from their match and stuff along those lines.

He heard Eli say something, but he couldn't make out what since he was all the way on the 3rd floor while the main living room was on the 1st.

Eli. They were good friends, him and Aesop. Sometimes he would find himself the tiniest bit jealous when he saw how close Naib or Fiona got to him, even though him and Fiona worked together a few times in their spirituality or something.

But it wasn't his place to judge, he didn't talk to Eli as often as he could, so he lost a few chances many times.

He didn't notice he put his book down, and was now in a small train of thought. Thoughts of how cold it was outside, what time it could be, when dinner was to be served and El-

"Aesop, are you in there?" A knock at the door startled the embalmer. He recognised Helena's voice calling to him from behind the door."Emily asked me to call you down for dinner".

"Oh yeah, right sorry. I'll be down in a minute"

The thought of having to go down and eat with most likely the whole of the survivors wasn't the most pleasant thought. "For Eli..." Aesop said to himself quietly, as he heard Helena leave.

He combed his hair back a slight bit, so he could tie it back as he usually does.

_____________________________

It was cold downstairs, probably due to how old the building was on top of the current weather situation. The fireplace was lit in both the large dining room and the main living room.

Mostly everyone was sat at the dining table, excluding Edgar, Luca, Andrew and Tracy who were either recovering from major injuries or doing their own thing. Tracy was going off earlier about how her robot was 'absolutely wrecked' and that it would take her a century to fix it, so she had Luca help out.

Aesop made his way over to the dining table, nobody really noticed him until Emma spoke up, "Hey Aesop, good thing you're here!".

One or two people glanced over at him.

"I was gonna ask if you wanna do the first match tommorrow with Emily, Victor and I?" She continued.

Aesop thought about it. It wasn't like he had anything tommorrow, it would be Thursday...

"Uh, yeah I should be free, I can do the match.." Aesops voice trailed off but Emma didn't pay attention as she already got her answer. She was talking with Mike.

There wasn't much to talk about, matches didn't have any interesting matter, apart from gossip from the hunters and stuff along those lines.

The dinner that Emily, Patricia and Mike made was really good, as per usual.

The grandfather clock in the main hallway showed 7:43, 20 minutes until everyone would go off and do their own thing again.

Tracy only came down to the dining table 5 minutes ago, covered in oil and a few scratches on her fingers. Emily made her wash her hands and put on a few plasters before she could actually start eating her dinner.

Aesop heard Edgar, who also came down by now, say something to Tracy, about how he wanted to talk to Luca. He didn't pay much attention to it.

Eli:

Eli was in deep thought and didn't even notice Emma calling him.

"Eli? Helloo~" She waved her hand infront of his face. "Ya there?" Emma asked.

"Oh sorry Emma, I was thinking..." Eli bluntly answered. "Were you saying something?" he asked.

"Yeah... anyways I wanted to ask if you can play in the first match tommorrow, turns out Victor's gonna be busy." The gardener continued on.

Emma was now talking to Norton and Andrew but Eli didn't pay attention, he was busy thinking about the same thing he'd had on his mind since a month ago at most.

"Maybe I'll ask Aesop for advice..." he muttered.

"D'ya say something?" Tracy asked with her mouth full.

Eli looked at her with a slightly nervous smile on his face "What? No, it doesn't matter".

Tracy recieved a harsh look from Emily while she reprimanded her about her manners.

After 5 minutes and more pointless conversations everyone finished and went to take the plates and dishes away.

The time was now 2:53 and most people had gone upstairs or stayed outside for fresh air from their night terrors.

The Seer was now in his room, lying in bed while his thoughts and heart raced. "There's no way I'm getting to sleep like this," He muttered and set of to the large staircase at the end of the hall, leading to the 2nd and 3rd floors.

He arrived at the 3rd floor, before going ahead and making his way over too the last door at the hallway. The door that had the name 'Aesop Carl-Embalmer'engraved into it.

He hesitated, before walking over and lettimg out a deep breath. Then he knocked on the door, gently though, as to not awake the other people on the current floor through the dead silence.

"Hello? Oh, hi Eli..." The Embalmer answered the door, not expecting anyone but perhaps Emily.

"Hey...could we talk? I can't sleep and I have some stuff on my mind," Eli said in a hushed whisper.

"Sure, come in," Aesop carefully opened his door wider, careful to not wake anyone, it was the dead of night and most people in the manor were light sleepers.

Eli sat on Aesop's bed, which was unusually soft, he didn't know he slept with so many blankets.

Aesop yawned as he sat on the opposite side to Eli, leaning on the headboard behind him.

"So what did you want to tell me?" Aesop asked in a hushed whisper.

"Can I trust you not to tell anyone first?" Eli asked cautiously. It wasn't like he wanted to have the whole manor know.

"Yeah, of course you can" Not only did Aesop value Eli as an amazing and wonderful friend and person, but he wanted him to trust him so he could grow closer and maybe-

"I like someone,and I think it's...Naib"

A silence followed his words, a silence so heavy it could crush you without any effort.

Aesop felt his breath get taken from him and his heart started beating a million times a minute.

"What?"