Chapter 12

(CW: DEPRESSION MENTION)

Waking up, Edgar was confused. He could vividly remember that he was painting in his room. He soon realised that Luca was by him, still sleeping. He was probably catching up on sleep since he said he was going to go help Tracy with the repairs of her doll.

He also must have fallen asleep recently since his hair was a bit damp, indicating he took a shower before he actually went to go sleep. What Edgar also noticed was that he was actually in Luca's room, he must have carried him here after he fell asleep, that was sweet of him.

He remembered waking up earlier while Luca was cleaning himself up, but he just told Edgar to go back to sleep, as if he himself had slept at all.

After that he kinda just rested, he fell asleep once or twice for 10 minutes only to wake up again. At one point he heard someone yell, something along the lines of "I said I'm fucking fine". He didn't know who it was, he was too tired to pay attention after all. It was someone on the 3rd floor, hopefully Emily didn't hear them.

After that he just fell asleep again, during which Luca must have gone to sleep with him. He wasn't going to wake him, he needed the sleep. By then he decided to go to sleep as well, he pulled up the blanket around him and Luca, who was already sleeping.

___________________________________________

Just for the night, Eli slept in his own bedroom, Aesop suggested it and so Eli just decided to go along with it. They still loved eachother, very much of course, but Aesop felt guilty for yelling at the one he loved. Tracy probably heard it as well, or he woke her up, she did pull an all-nighter with Luca after all, not to mention both of them were on the same floor as Aesop. Hopefully they wouldn't mention it if so.

Brooke Rose was perched on the open window sill, enjoying the crisp winter air blowing on her.

The seer's room was in a bit of a mess, he hadn't cleaned it in a while and it showed. He wasn't in it as much as he used to be since he go together with the embalmer, seeing as they slept in the same bed now.

He couldn't fall asleep, he just couldn't. It wasn't because of how cold it was in the room, or the fact that it was already 5:30 in the morning and he was still tired. It was because of how empty the bed felt without his lover. The one who made him forget all the sorrows he ever had.

At one point, which he didn't even notice, he fell asleep only to wake up from a shitty nightmare. Luckily, it wasn't  as bad as the ones he used to have during the depression and grief of dealing with the loss and death of her.

All he did after that point was just lay in bed. If not for the blindfold he wore, Emily would be scolding him for the dark bags under his eyes.

By the time it was 6:30 AM he was back knocking at Aesop's door, he didn't expect him to answer the door and just as he was about to turn away and go back to his own room, he heard the door open.

"Come in.." He heard the embalmer say as he turned around.

The room was much warmer than his ever was, he never realised that. He was surprised when he felt Aesop hugging him, and all he did was hug him back. Tears were coming to his eyes again, he never realised how much he missed him until he was away from him for a while.

"I'm sorry.." He apologised as he held him close. Aesop felt bad, there wasn't a reaseon Eli couldn't have stayed with him for the night, or what was left with it seeing as it was practically morning by now. Maybe he just needed distance...

"It's okay," Eli spoke softly as he ran his fingers through Aesop's long hair.

By now Eli closed the door and after the two shared another kiss they were both sat on Aesop's bed. Eli was lying down with his head on Aesop's lap, who was leaning on the headboard. It was a nice way for the bot of them to calm down and forget the events that occued in the last 6 hours. The events where Vera walked in on them, or when Aesop snapped at the one person he swore not to ever hurt in any way, and where he suggested for them to stay apart for a small while.

When he noticed Eli had fallen asleep he smiled to himself. He was so peaceful when he slept, yet so loving and amazing whilst he was awake. His blindfold slipped off a while ago but he left it off by then, it was comfier without  it either way. And Aesop's mask was also off due to personal comfort and the fact it was still pretty early in the morning so nobody would see him.

He was stroking Eli's hair, admiring him and how pretty he was. He couldn't imagine how heart-broken he would be if Eli accepted Naib's confession. He didn't want to imagine it, it hurt him.

By now he didn't notice the tears forming in his eyes, he didn't even notice he had probably woken Eli up as well.

"Hey, Aesop you okay?" Eli had opened his eyes again and sat up slightly, locking eyes with Aesop.

"Yeah...I'm fine" Aesop weeped as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"You sure?" Eli asked as he took Aesop's hand in his own.

"I just...I love you so much and I can't bare the thought of losing you in any way," Aesop said as he rested his head on Eli's shoulder.

"It's okay...I love you too and I would never leave you," Eli said as he reassured Aesop with a small but loving kiss.

"Thank you.." Aesop cupped Eli's face in his hands before giving him one more kiss.

"I will always love you and be here for you, trust me" Eli blushed quite a bit.