Chapter 9

Waking up at first, Aesop forgot what had happened the night before so he was confused to say the least when he woke up with his arms around Eli.

It was sweet. Eli was still asleep so he avoided moving, or tried to at least. Their legs were practically tangled together under the covers, and trying to get out Aesop accidently woke Eli.

"Morning," The half-awake seer yawned as he rubbed his eyes.

"Morning to you to," The embalmer answered in a small voice.

The two boys were having a small conversation and getting untangled from the sheets when somebody suddenly opened the door.

"Aesop, are you coming for breakfast or not-"

The painter stood in the door frame and stared at Eli and Aesop in shock. All three of them were surprised, to say the least. The painter, known more commonly as Edgar Valden, had on a white night shirt. It didn't fit him of course,  Aesop always assumed he borrowed clothes from Luca, they defintely had something on between them.

Luckily Aesop and Eli had their mask/blindfold on by now so Edgar didn't actually see their full faces.

"Anyways...are you two coming down for breakfast? Emily has been calling you down for 30 minutes with no response, she wanted me to check on you.." Edgar said awkwardly as he looked towards the ground.

"Erm...we'll be down in 5 minutes" Aesop said after a heavy silence had passed.

By now Edgar had left and Aesop and Eli were left side by side in awkward silence as they made the bed together.

"Hopefully he doesn't say what he saw," Eli spoke up suddenly.

"Yeah...hopefully he doesn't" Aesop agreed.

____________________________________________

In the dining room, Emily had served breakfast with the help of some others and was waiting at the table. Vera was also at the table, she wasn't eating but was sitting and talking with Martha, as usual. But when she saw Aesop enter the room with Ei by his side, she started practically dying of laughter. Everyone was confused, apart from Edgar who probably knew by now but decided to reamin silent.

"Where were you all morning? And you Eli," Emily harshly asked as she stood up from her seat.

"I always wake up late don't come at me" Eli simply said as he walked to the kitchen leaving Emily to scold Aesop.

"And you?" She stared at Aesop.

"I fell asleep late and slept in this morning," The emblamer tried to lie his way out of the situation, he didn't want to tell Emily about him and Eli just yet.

"Right..." Vera said with smirk as she messed with Aesop, she clearly knew by now, Aesop didn't even have to tell her yet.

"Vera you aren't helping, Aesop just go eat some breakfast," Emily gave up by now.

Eli was listening in from the kitchen and practically losing his shit. Vera decided to ask him about it later, or she could ask Aesop since she was the one who helped him in the first place after all.

___________________________________________

Edgar was with Luca in his room, he had breakfast with Luca earlier so he decided to go back with Luca and sit around and relax. They were sitting on Luca's bed and Edgar was on the prisoner's lap, he was a bit shorter and really light so both were comfy. Edgar took his hair out of the ponytail he usually had it in and Luca was brushing his hair gently.

"I think Aesop and Eli have something between them.." Edgar said, changing the subject of their conversation.

"Hmm? What do you mean?" Luca asked while combing his fingers through his lover's hair.

"Well many things.." Edgar spoke, "For example when Emily sent me to check on Carl this morning I saw that Clark was like with him in bed"

"What?"

"Not in that way, but like they slept in the same bed" The painter continued, "And I've hardly seen him go to his own room in the last couple of days"

"I mean the way you're telling me this does sound like they have something going on" Luca said, now braiding his hair slightly and laughing a little bit.

"To be fair, so long as they're happy and don't get distracted by matches it doesn't really matter"

"Yeah I suppose.." Luca agreed.
___________________________________________

Since Martha was in a match, Vera was on the porch hanging out with Aesop and Eli. Neither one of them had told her about their new relationship but something had definitely changed about it. They were sitting on the bench and Eli was much closer to Aesop than he usually was, he literally had his head on Aesop's shoulder.

"You two are together aren't you?" Vera asked seemingly out of the blue.

"What? No, why do you ask?" Aesop lied almost immediately.

"Yeah right, anyways I'll ask you about it later" Vera laughed as she got up from the stair she was sat on.

"I'm going in, it's getting cold" The perfumer said as she shivered and left the porch.

"We should go in as well" The seer said as he got up and stretched his legs.

"Yeah we should," The embalmer agreed as he followed Eli inside.

___________________________________________

In the Embalmer's room the window was open and the curtains half-drawn. Aesop was laying down with Eli lying against his stomache, they weren't going to go to sleep that early but they just wanted to enjoy being together for the meanwhile.

It was nice and quiet with only the ticking of the clock and the boys' breathing audible, until a familiar person started knocking on the door before bursting through the door.

"Aesop, can you do my make-up on Friday? Me and Martha have something planned and-" Vera stopped when she saw Aesop wasn't alone.

"I-"

"I'll come back later.." She said as she hurridly left the room, closing the door behind her the first time in a lifetime.

"Does she always just come in without knocking?" Eli asked while laughing.

Aesop nodded while laughing. Vera definitely knew by now.

"I'll have to ask her what she wanted some time later probably"

"You do her make-up often, right?"

"Oh yeah, we've become friends so sometimes she'll come to my room and I'll do her make-up while we talk for a while"

A small silence followed that, before Aesop spoke again and brought something up.

"Sorry if this sounds intrusive, but I've been thinking.."

"Yeah? Ask away, I won't mind"

"How come you confessed to me in the end, and not Naib?"

An awkward silence followed his question. The seer thought of a response, sometimes he wondered that himself.

"I knew I liked someone at first, I realised after her death, or when I was informed of it at least"

By now Eli had a small frown on his face, it was hardly visible, but still there.

"I think I panicked and thought of the person I was closest with at the time, Naib, but you were comforting me and with me most of the time then"

"So you were confused?"

"Yeah..In the end I was just confused"

By this point both Eli and Aesop were sitting up and leaning against the headboard, with Eli having his head on Aesop's shoulder.

"Can I kiss you again?" Eli asked in a gentle voice.

"You know you don't have to ask, right?" Aesop replied.

"I'd rather be content with knowing you're okay with it" Eli responded in a caring voice.

Eli moved away from Aesop before leaning in and putting him arms around his neck and smiling a bit. Their lips brushed over eachother before Aesop pulled him closer. He could never get enough of Eli.