Chapter 18

When Aesop woke up, he was confused. Eli was next to him as usual but it was still light outside. He looked at the clock, it was already 3 PM.

"Eli, Eli...wake up," Aesop shook Eli awake.

"Morning.." Eli said as he stretched a bit.

"I think we fell asleep.." Aesop said as he took the blanket off him.

"Yeah," Eli laughed, "By the way what time is it?"

"It's 3 PM," Aesop said as he looked over at the clock again.

"Wait," Eli said suddenly, "So we just slept for like 4 hours...wow"

"I wonder if anyone came in at any point, I know people like Vera and Emily don't knock" Eli added.

"Probably..." Aesop agreed as he closed his eyes again.

"We should probably go downstairs," Eli spoke.

"Yeah, I'm just going to go to the bathroom," Aesop said as he got up.

"I'm just gonna go to my room for a sec, I'll meet you downstairs, ok?" Eli said as he gave Aesop a small kiss on the cheek.

The seer left the room and Aesop went into his bathroom.

He took his mask off and splashed his face with cold water to wake himself up a bit.

The two of them definitely missed dinner, and Emily had a habit to check up on people who usually came down if they didn't. She probably came looking for Eli at one point.

By this point, Aesop's thoughts were racing. If she saw them together at one point, she would probably come to Aesop's room looking for him and find them together.

"Screw it," Aesop said as he dried him face of and put his mask on.

He went downstairs, he didn't see anyone in the hallways so he assumed everyone was doing their own thing.

He arrived downstairs and headed to the living room before he saw someone come up to him.

"Oh, hi Vera," Aesop said as he fidgeted slightly.

"Hey Aesop, could you maybe do my make-up nicely for tonight?" She said hesitantly, "So long as you don't have anything tonight,"

"Of course, you can come to my room at maybe 8 PM?" Aesop suggested.

"Yeah, that's fine, I might be a bit late though, I'll need to pick out a nice dress as well," The perfumer explained.

"Let me guess, you have a date with Martha?" He asked with a smile.

"Maybe..." The perfumer smirked.

"Anyways, I'm gonna go for a walk outside, see you around," She said as she walked away.

"Bye Vera" Aesop said as he went to sit down on the couch.

He didn't really know what to do and just stared of into space as he waited for Eli.

After a minute or two, he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Hey, I'm gonna go eat something, you coming?" Eli said as he kept his hand on the embalmer's shoulder.

"Sure, why not" Aesop said with a smile as he took Eli's hand.

"Also I'll be doing Vera's make-up later, and she'll come to my room, is that okay?" Aesop asked.

"I mean it's your room, and I really don't mind either way," Eli laughed.

"What time will it be?" Eli added.

"She said she'll be at my room at 8, so it gives us quite some time," Aesop answered.

The two made their way to the dining room. To their surprise they saw a very familiar person.

"Why hello Emily-" Eli said in a sarcastic tone.

"Good morning," The stern woman said.

"How come you two manage to just sleep through like 5 hours of the day, yet when it comes to night you're always awake?" Emily questioned.

"Well it was actually only 4 hours-" Aesop interrupted.

"You're missing the point," Emily said frustrated.

"Just make sure to eat something, I'm going to go check on Balsa" The doctor said as she left the room.

"I'm going to get some lemonade, I'm pretty sure Helena and Demi made some earlier," Aesop said as he entered the kitchen.

"Actually, I'll be back in a second" The seer said as he left the room.

"Oh, okay then..." Aesop was a bit confused but didn't let it set on his mind.

He poured two glasses of lemonade and took a plate of biscuits.

He took the snacks upstairs and met up with Eli again back in his room.

_____________________________

A knock on the door slightly startled both the embalmer and the seer.

The time was now 07:50 PM and since it was winter it was already dark outside.

"Come in Vera!" Aesop said as he turned around in his seat.

The perfumer opened the door gently, different to her usual style.

"Wow, aren't you fancy?" Aesop said as he got up from his desk.

Vera wore a light pink dress which had puff sleeves and went down past her knees. Her hair was in a single french braid tied off with a lilac ribbon.

"Thank you," She said with a modest smile.

"Fancy seeing you here as well Eli," Vera said as she entered the room, closing the door behind her.

"Hi Vera," Eli said as he turned to look at her, "What's the occasion then?" he added as he looked her down curiously.

"Why do you ask?" She said as she sat down on a chair across from Aesop.

"I've only seen you wear that dress once, during Martha's birthday last year, I think," The seer explained, "You going on a date with her or something?" Eli teased.

"Maybe I am," Vera said with a smirk.

Eli's expression went into pure surprise, "Wait really?"

"I mean the two of them are literally never apart so it would make sense.." Aesop said as he looked through his make-up brushes.

"You two are dating as well, right?" Vera said as she checked her nails, "I did see you kiss and you're always with eachother,"

Both Eli and Aesop went quiet for a second, yet that second felt like an hour and the silence was heavy.

"Yeah, we are dating, we have been for around two weeks now," Aesop said as he continued to look through his brushes, occasionally picking out one and putting it too the side.

"Yeah, around 3 weeks actually," Eli spoke up after another second passed.