Chapter 7

(CW: MENTION OF SCARS+BRUISES)

The morning was cold. Aesop had left the window open from last night so the room was freezing cold. Eli shivered as he brought the blanket he and Aesop were sleeping under closer to them. He would always have the most peaceful and restful nights when he spent nights with Aesop, but he didn't question it, he just enjoyed it.

Aesop was still sleeping, or at least resting, but he was turned away from Eli. The seer didn't notice the grey mask on the desk beside him, his blind fold was now around his neck. He didn't feel like putting it on just yet.

The day was Saturday so everyone could do their own thing, Eli would usually sleep in then hang out with Patricia or Fiona later. At first he was going to ask Fiona for advice with the feelings. But something in his mind said he should consult Aesop about it. In the end he did, but he kind of regretted it. Eli regretted acknowledging the feelings in he first place, as much as he loved the mercenary something told him he liked somebody else in that way as well.

He scrapped the thoughts when he heard Aesop sitting up from the position he was in. He quickly pulled up his blindfold as Aesop spoke up.

"Could you pass me my mask?" Aesop asked in a quiet voice as he rubbed his eyes.

"Oh yeah sure," Eli said as he reached for the mask on the desk. He handed Aesop the mask while averting his gaze respectfully.

Aesop looped the mask around his ears nd pulled it up, it wasn't the world's most comfy thing to wear but that didn't bother him anymore from how much he wore it.

"We should get some breakfast, what time is it?" Aesop paused as he glanced at the clock on his desk, "We slept in a while, it's like 9 nearly 10". Aesop got up from the bed and so did Eli.

"Emily doesn't mind if we come down in our pyjamas, I'm pretty sure everyone does it either way" Eli said as he dusted himself off and made the bed with Aesop. For a second his hand brushed against Aesop's, and he felt...weird, the feeling of being in love for just a split second, but he dismissed it as usual.

________________________________________________

Downstairs, in the kitchen and dining room it was much warmer. Emily and Martha lit the fireplace in the living room first thing in the morning and it was still a bit dark outside due to the shorter days so the whole room was illuminated by the flames of the fire.

Vera was on the couch chatting with Martha and Demi, and Fiona was in the kitchen with Tracy, Luca and Edgar preparing breakfast which consisted of what looked like pancakes of some sort. Aesop sat on the couch while Eli went to go make tea.

Aesop rolled his sleeves up a bit. He had on a bluey gray night shirt which was a bit big on him due to his small frame. The scars and bruises from then weren't visible luckily since they were more on his chest and fore arm area.

Aesop glanced at Vera who was conversing with Martha about something, Vera looked happy, she was talking with the girl she loved and Martha looked joyous as well.

"Hey Aesop, can you come aside for a sec? I wanna tell you something" Vera spoke up as she stood up from her seat.

"What? Oh yeah sure.." The embalmer answered as he started getting up.

"Okay come" She squealed as she dragged Aesop out to the hallway.

"So what did you want to tell me?" Aesop asked awkwardly.

"So... I might confess to her today or tomorrow if everything goes fine" Vera exclaimed with a huge grin on her face.

"Wow! That's amazing, I'm so happy for you" Aesop congratulated his friend.

He and Vera went back to the living room and sat back down on the couch with Martha, Emily, Emma and Mike. There wasn't much to talk about, but it was nice to have a weekend with a snowy day.

"How about we screw around in the snow later?" Mike suggested.

Everyone agreed so long as they had some breakfast first. The pancakes Tracy, Luca and Edgar were making earlier were ready and Eli was at the dining table drinking something and chatting with Helena and...Naib.

"Aesop, how many pancakes?" Tracy called from the kitchen as Emily scolded her again to not yell.

"Erm...two" Aesop answered after a small pause to think.

Tracy nodded and served up two pancakes for the Embalmer before handing the plate of food to him. Aesop sat next to Vera and they talked about whatever came to mind.

Eli was now talking with Naib since Helena had left to go change into proper clothes for the day. Eli made eye contact with Aesop and smiled warmly, Aesop kindly smiled back, even though you couldn't really see it under his mask.

One part of him wanted to ask if Eli wanted to sleep in Aesop's room again, he loved it so much. Getting to sleep side by side with the one and only person he loved more than the world.

Eli enjoyed sleeping in Aesop's room, while it wasn't physically warm and usually ice cold, the warmth in his heart was enough to want to stay by his side all the time, it was tricky not getting this feeling to interfere with matches. Maybe he had feelings for Aesop as well...?

"Eli? Eli? You there?" Naib waved his hand in front on Eli's face, breaking his train of thought the seer was in.

"Oh! Sorry Naib I was thinking about somehing, what were you saying?"

"I was going to ask you something actually...come here" The mercenery said as he dragged Eli out to the hall by the wrist.

Stopping outide the door to the staircases where nobody was, Naib looked at Eli directly and took his hands before saying, "I think I like you...more than a friend, like romantically".

(Author Note: the kith kith has been moved to my plan for chapter 8 or 9 my apologies)