Chapter 31

"I'm a horrible person for saying this, but I miss you," Aesop said as he took a deep breath. Right now, he couldn't exactly avoid Eli, all he could do was face his impulsive decision and fix it.

"You...you miss me?" Eli asked in a slight sense of both shock and frustration.

Why would Aesop go back to him first if he was the one who decided to break it off with him.

"What the fuck?" Eli knew that if he was to immediately go with Aesop him and Naib would drift apart again, truthfully speaking he prefered Naib over Aesop at times.

"Allow us to just talk...at the very least." His voice was clear, though inside he felt like he could just die.

The seer stayed silent as he thought about his option.

"Please-"

"Fine." Eli wasn't always so serious, in fact he prefered to be anything but. He wasn't one to treat relationships like a joke, having been separated from his first love in the most brutal manner under the name of death.

Aesop led Eli back to the stage, where they just sat on some steps by the wall.

"So why did you-"

"I'm sorry for-"

Both men spoke at the same time, just desperate for everything to go back to the way it was, even if they wouldn't end up dating again.

"You go first," The seer said, looking away from the latter.

"I...I just wanted to say I'm sorry," Aesop said. "You don't have to forgive me..I- I don't even know what I was doing-" He stammered.

"It was because of what me and Subedar had going on, right?" Eli interrupted the embalmer.

"..." Aesop stayed silent.

"I'm sorry...I wasn't used to being in a relationship after this long," He confessed, "This is a shit apology I know-"

"I shouldn't be in the place to say this, but I really want us to get back together-" Aesop hesitantly started.

"How? How would it even work if-" Eli stopped himself, trying to put into words what he wanted to say. "Aesop I don't even know anymore,"

"Can we...try again once more?" Aesop played with his hands again, unsure of what answer to expect.

"Aesop, I want to say yes, but...I feel like me and Naib just work better," Eli chose not to mention the part where he slept with the mercenary, even though he know Aesop wouldn't go spreading any rumours. He decided to keep that a secret, forever, or at least for a long period of time before Naib was ready to talk of it again.

"Oh, that's fine, sorry for asking in the first place-" Aesop got up to leave from his seat, but stopped short when Eli pulled him back.

"Wait," Eli stood up, now being on the same level as the embalmer.

"Why? What if we don't work together anymore, as well as we used to, or what if something like this happens again?" Neither initiated eye contact, nor kept it when it occurred for even half a second.

"I could promise you I won't let it happen again, if we were to..." His voice trailed off.

"Aesop, I genuinely loved dating you, but would we work together? Again?" He sat back down, as Aesop shortly followed.

"Please. If it doesn't work this last time we can go back to being what we were before all this..." A painful choice it would be if Aesop went back to being vague friends with the seer, but then Eli could be happier with Naib if he chose to.

"A-are you sure..? We can still be close friends if you wish-" The seer spoke in slight shock.

"Yes, of course I'm sure." The embalmer stayed more quiet awaiting an answer.

"Aesop, will you go out with me?" A silent prayer stayed in his mind.

"Yes, of course I will," He answered in a heatbeat, slipping off his mask to reveal a small but visible smile.

Eli smiled back as he took Aesop's hands and slowly led him into a kiss. Under the circumstance given it was  bit uncomfy (seeing as the both of them weren't even in their own rooms) but it was still warm and endearing, comforting and trusting.

Aesop pulled away only to wrap his arms around the latter and rest his head against his shoulder lovingly.

Affection was another thing he missed from Eli. The sweet, gentle and loving touch of his boyfriend never failed to comfort him and cheer him up at times.

"I'm sorry for making such a  stupid impulsive choice," Aesop whispered under his breath, quiet enough only for Eli to hear it.

"I feel I shouldn't even have to say this, but I forgive you," The seer smiled as well, the joy being contagious.

"If you ever need to talk to me, I will always be here for you no matter what, please promise you'll tell me if you feel upset or anything of the sorts," His soft words were the only thing Aesop registered as he felt himself relax in his lover's arms.

"Come to my room, I'm tired enough as it is," Aesop moved back and moved a strand of hair from his face before taking the seer's hand.

Eli simply smiled along as Aesop practically dragged him out of the large music room.

It was still dark outside, the hallways were pitch black and dead silent, the two had to be careful to not trip or make any noise, being the centre of attention at 4 AM wasn't ideal for anyone.

The couple now walked side by side with eachother, smiling in the darkness of the manor hallways.

"I have quite a few questions about tonight," The embalmer spoke up as he looked out in the landing, checking if anyone was there in fear of someone walking up to him hoping for a conversation, that being one of the things he most doesn't like.

"Come," Aesop led Eli up to his room, even though he had already been there and slept there dozens of times.

The room was, or at least felt, warmer than the music room had, it was much nicer.

Both men sat on the bed, side by side as they had walked in.

"You left some of your clothes here last time as well, I forgot to mention." Aesop spoke up, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I must have forgotten them last time, I might as well wear them now," The seer chuckled as he slipped his blindfold off entirely and placed it on the desk behind him.

Both men got changed into more appropriate and comfy nightwear and climbed into bed next to eachother.

"Good night, my love," Eli whispered as he left an arm around Aesop, holding him close as if he was to lose him again.

"Good night," Aesop smiled, allowing sleep to finally take over him.

(sorry for the extremely late update ive been losing motivation)