Chapter 15

Then the two heard the door open.

There stood Emily. She was clearly surprised.

"I'm sorry, does the concept of knocking not exist?" Eli said sarcastically as he pulled away from Aesop.

"Emily's gonna scold you later for you practically yelling at her, y'know" Aesop reminded Eli.

"Yeah, well she knows now..."  Aesop said as Eli sat down next to him.

"At this point, who doesn't know?" Eli laughed.

"I think I might go get some breakfast," Aesop said hesitantly as he got up from Eli's bed.

"I'll go with you if you don't mind," Eli said as he gave him a small kiss on the cheek.

"Sure," Aesop said walking out of the door with Eli by his side.

Emily was in the kitchen. She saw them being much closer recently, spending nights together and now she saw them kiss.

It was a bit of a surprise but at the same time it wasn't really. She was sat at the dining table and heard someone coming down the stairs.

She looked up to see Aesop coming down the stairs with Eli.

"Aesop, there's still food in the kitchen" Emily said as she got up.

_____________________________

"Hey Eli?" Aesop said as he rested with the seer in his room.

"Yeah?" Eli asked.

"Can I take you somewhere tonight?" Aesop asked as the self-doubt started coming in.

"Sure" Eli said with his usual cheerful smile.

"I think you'll like it.." Aesop added.

"Since it's you, I think I'll definitely like it" Eli said as he leaned closer to Aesop.

"Can I?" He said.

"Of course" The embalmer replied.

Their lips brushed against eachother before Aesop took Eli closer.

"You're so pretty," Eli whispered under his breath.

"And you're absolutely beautiful," Aesop smiled as he looked into Eli's piercing blue eyes.

"I locked the door this time, so nobody should be able to walk in again" Aesop laughed as he pulled away from his lover.

_____________________________

It was now approximately 09:30 PM and Aesop was planning to take Eli out.

"It's even colder at night so wrap up warm" Aesop said as he went down the stairs.

"Come on, it's not even that cold outside" Eli said as he followed Aesop down the stairs.

"Well you know it's like 10 times colder during the night," Aesop countered.

"Let's just hope Emily doesn't catch us" Eli mentioned.

"So long as we take the back door in the kitchen, she shouldn't see us" Aesop explained, "She's gonne be in the med office since there's an over-night match going on after all"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that," Eli spoke.

"Ok, come on" Aesop said as he took Eli's hand and led him to the kitchen.

Sneaking downstairs without getting caught by Emily was easy, unlocking the door without making too much noise was the hard part. Eventually Aesop managed to unlock it.