Chapter 3: An Unexpected Confession

You all laid down on your backs looking up at the full moon, not a star in sight. And you could hear them all take a deep breath.

"How much longer do you think we'll have to keep doing this?" Simon asked.

"You already tired of it?" Ava teased, and you all laughed.

"No, idiot." He smacked her head. "I just want to know when I'll be able to settle down and have some kids you know?"

"(Y/n) managed to settle down." Ekho said looking at you.

"Yeah but that's it." Simon said and it surprisingly hurt you when he said that. "Sure she's married and happily married as much as I know, for how many years now?" He asked and they all looked at you now.

"Seven... actually, eight years in a few weeks." You said looking up at the moon.

"See! Don't you ever wonder when you'll be able to have kids?"

You felt a weird feeling in your chest, did you even want kids right now?

No...

But... what if the world wasn't like this? And humanity was safe and you were free, happily married to Levi, then would you have wanted kids?

... maybe.

"It must be hard for you girls." Both you and Ava stared at Simon now. "You know with your biological clock, you can't just pop out kids at any time."

Ava saw the internal battle you were having with your own thoughts and she cleared her throat, stopping Simon from talking.

"Do you guys remember when we were all recruits?" She said, looking back up at the moon.

"How long ago was that?" Ekho said, now all of you looked up.

"Eight years ago." Your voice went still... It's really been eight years of constant fighting.

"Has it really been that long?" Ekho sounded surprised.

"Mhm." You let out, unable to hide the disappointment in your voice.

"R-remember when..." Ava now began to snicker at herself, "when Simon was in love with (Y/n)?" She couldn't contain her laughter anymore.

And apparently neither could the rest of you.

"Oh my god yeah!" You said sitting up straight.

"But then..." she started laughing again even more, "he's the one that found you two naked in the Captain's bed." You covered your eyes in embarrassment.

"Oh my god I do remember that! I was so mad at Levi that night, he knew what he was doing." You whined out in frustration, but continued to laugh along with the rest of them.

*Flashback*

"Hey (Y/n)!" You turned to Hanjie's voice as she ran to you.

"Hey, what's up?" You now stood still.

"We have to g-," she paused and narrowed her eyes at you like she was observing one of her experiments.

"Hanjie." You snapped in her face, "don't look at me like that." You waved to snap her out of it.

"What's that?" She pointed to your neck.

Shit.

"W-what?" You now pulled your hair to the side of your neck covering it.

"How did you get that?" She stepped closer reaching a hand to push your hair out of the way.

"Ah!" You slapped her hand so she wouldn't touch you and you quickly apologized to her, you weren't able to control your body... It was just like an instinct. "It's just a bruise," you laughed a little nervously, "we fight almost everyday, I'm covered with them."