Chapter 12: Erwin You Psycho

The scouts and you now ran along the wall towards where Hanjie and the rest were last seen. You could see them in the distance as you all now sped up towards them.

Once you all reached them, you hopped off your horse, happy to see Armin and Mikasa were standing. You froze seeing Ava, Ekho and Simon lying down, their eyes closed. You looked up at Erwin, wondering if you were allowed to run to them and he gave you permission with just a nod.

You sprinted past everyone and knelt down next to Ava.

"Ava?" You shook her and her eyes opened.

Oh thank god.

You looked to see Simon and Ekho and their eyes opened too. You sighed out in relief. "Are you guys alright?" You said, helping Ava sit up straight, seeing as she was struggling to do it on her own.

"That fucking colossal titan really sucks." She stated, rubbing the back of her head.

"I don't think any titan doesn't suck." Simon said, now sitting up right.

"No, but this one like... really sucked." Ava added, still holding her head.

"I'm just glad you guys are alive." You said, smiling at them slightly and they returned it.

"(Y/n)!" You turned to Erwin, now waving for you to come.

"Just stay here, don't get up and just relax for a bit." You told your squad before standing.

You ran over to where Erwin was, Hanjie now sprawled out in front of him, with a map in front of her. "Ah (Y/n), nice of you to join us." She said, her voice raspy, you could tell she was weak. "This might be a long shot, but there's a giant forest here." She circled with her finger the drawing of trees. "That- that's where we should go." People now began to circle around her too. "They don't have a way to hide the armoured titans' footsteps, but... I think that's where they're headed." She looked up at you and Erwin.

"Why do you think that?" Erwin asked.

"It's more of a gamble, but even if they have the strength to change into titans, the other titans outside the wall might still be a threat. They fought so much, they are most definitely exhausted and they need to recover their stamina."

"So, they'll need to rest somewhere where titans can't reach them." You finished for her, and she nodded.

"Well, at least till nightfall." She added...

Which meant you all didn't have much time to recover them.

After getting the horses down the wall, you all now knew you only had a few hours to get them back before they could leave at nightfall, where it is safe for them to move freely without the threat of the Titans.

Now a top your horse and next to Erwin, you were able to move forward with the new plan. You had to get to that forest before nightfall, if not... Eren could be lost. Your eyes stayed forward as Commander Erwin stuck his left arm.

"Spread out! Take formation to locate any enemies!" And the squads split into groups, you and one other scout staying by Erwins side.

After riding for a few minutes, your eyes darted to the right seeing a red flare rise up in the sky. "Smoke shell on the right wing!" You indicated to Erwin.

"Do not change direction!" Erwin said and you were shocked by his order. "Have the right wing merge with the center and hold course! We only have until sunset!"

As you all approached the forest more, you all looked to the right again as another red smoke signal appeared. Finally Erwin shot a green flare to the left to help change directions. But right after he did so, his green flare now mixed with two red flares.