Chapter 15: "i loved her"

~ NARRATOR POV

Levi laid his head on his desk, fiddling with one of his pens.

By now (Y/n) would be coming in, exhausted from training, but would have still had that smile she always managed to keep on her face. She would have plopped herself on the chair or the edge of my desk, sighing with relief of the day being done and she would talk and talk and... talk.

And I would be mad at her for not taking off her shoes or changing out of her smelly clothes before throwing herself on my desk.

Levi's head shot up when he heard a knock at the door. "W-who is it?"

"It's Hanjie, can I come in?"

"Sure." He plopped his head back on the desk, hoping it was (Y/n).

But that hope grew smaller and smaller as the night went on.

"Are you okay?" She said closing the door, and Levi glared at her. "I meant like... I- I know your not okay but like, just-"

"What do you want Hanjie?" He sighed out.

"I just... wanted to check on you."

"Thanks, but I'd rather be alone right now." Levi sat up straight and sunk back into his chair. His eyes were red from crying and Hanjie almost broke at the sight of him.

"I know this is hard... and I know me here isn't what's best, but I know (Y/n), almost as well as you know her, and she would have wanted me here with you."

Levi sighed out and rubbed his eyes a bit, knowing she was right.

"I know..." He said and looked at her again.

"You don't want to sleep?" She asked, Levi noticed her eyes were puffy from crying too.

His eyes darted to the bedroom door frame and he closed his eyes and rubbed his temple. "How could I?" Hanjie heard his sniffle and her eyes began to water. "How can I ever lay in that bed again?" A tear now escaped the corner of her eye. "How can I ever lie in that bed without her in my arms..."

"Levi... I-"

"I loved her." He cut her off. "I loved her so much." He shuddered as he spoke and Hanjie began to shake a bit from the sadness growing inside of her.

"I did too." She added, reaching for one oh his hands and she enveloped them in hers. "We all loved her... she was one of the most amazing human beings in this world... one of a kind."

Levi could only nod at what she said... unable to speak himself because of his broken heart.

"You know," Hanjie perked up while letting go of his hand, "one thing I was always grateful about when it came to her and you?"

"Hm?"

"I'd never in my life, before she came along, thought I would ever see you smile." Levi nodded and closed his eyes, trying not to think about it.

Trying not to think about all those times he couldn't help but smile being with her. She was the only one... the only one who was capable of making him smile by doing absolutely nothing.

"You know I knew you liked her the second I saw you two together." Hanjie added a slight smile displayed on her face.

"How?"

"You always had this weird look on your face when she would come around." Levi raised one of his eyebrows, confused as to what she meant. "Like you were weak."

"What?" He laughed through his nose a bit.

"You usually looked like a scary ass beast, with that glare of yours towards everyone, but the second (Y/n) came around, you still had a glare, but a different one, it kind of made you look like a little puppy trying so hard not to look at her... but at the same time trying to hard to get her attention."