Chapter 8: PT.3

*The Next Morning*

Ava sat in front of you, she was asking you all sorts of stuff about what your squad had planned for today and was going off about how her squad sucks.

"(Y/n)?" You finally started to actually listen to her, realizing you haven't answered her once. "Hello? You look like you're about to have a mental breakdown."

"Do you think Levi would cheat on me?" She now looked at you in complete shock.

"No. Why would you think that?"

"Last night, I saw him with this woman and they were laughing about something, but then they went into a room together, probably hers and the lights turned off." You said, almost choking up.

"Are you sure that's what you saw?" She asked, she looked more confused than you did.

"YES!" You groaned and threw your fork on the table and you grabbed your hair in frustration.

"I'll kill him if he is." Ava said, trying to cheer you up a bit. "We'll talk after, I have to get ready with my squad, meet for dinner?" And you nodded.

You felt someone tap you on the shoulder, "hey, you ready?" You turned to Simon.

"Uh, yeah, I'll meet you there." You smiled up at him, but you knew you weren't going to training today.

*That Night*

You laid in your bed, holding a pillow to your chest, while looking up at your ceiling.

Could he really be cheating on you?

The image of him walking into that room with that woman replayed in your mind over and over again. You felt a tear roll down the side of your cheek, but you quickly wiped it away.

"Don't cry." You reminded yourself, you promised never to do this. You promised never to cry over a man.

You felt your stomach tighten and you looked out to see it was night time already. You remembered you promised Ava you would join her for dinner. You threw on your tight black pants and a loose knit sweater, you didn't even bother brushing your hair and you stepped out your door to head to the mess hall, hoping you wouldn't bump into Levi.

When you stepped in the mess hall, you caught Ava eating with Ekho and Simon and you sat next to her, pushing your hair behind your ears.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asked, wrapping an arm around you. "I heard you skipped training today." She noticed how puffy your eyes were and she grew more concerned.

"(Y/n)?" Ekho now looked worried for you as well.

"I love him." You shuddered and wiped at another stupid tear that fell from your eye. Ava wrapped her arms around you and pulled you in a hug and kissed the side of your head.
"I know." She said against your head. "Did you talk to him?"

"What's going on?"  Ekho was now lost.

"I'll fill you in later." Ava whispered and turned back to you, and you shook your head. "We need to find out."

"I'm scared to know the truth." You admitted.

"I'm assuming you guys are talking about Captain Levi." Ekho spoke up. And you both nodded. "Well, he just walked in." And you both turned around to see him.

He didn't even notice you, he just walked out... with that same woman. Your breathing grew heavier and instead of sadness... you felt anger take over.

"(Y/n)?" Ava now looked at you like she was scared. "Take a deep breath." She rubbed your back.

But instead of listening to her you shot up from the bench and took off running.