Chapter 12: Stop?

Annabeth POV

"Hey, babe, what do you think about going to the party together?"

"Luke, what did I tell you about 'babe"?" I didn't like being called 'babe', but it had apparently become a habit of Luke's. Regardless, I wanted him to stop. Nicknames were okay to me, but couples' names like babe, baby, honey, sweetie, etc just weren't my thing.

"Sorry, Annabeth. Anyway, what do you say?"

"Yeah, that sounds good," I said before giving him a quick kiss. It was a peck on the lips because I had to go. Even if Luke didn't ask me, I would've gone to the party with my friends. Actually, the girls were going shopping now for absolutely no reason.

Once again, Luke had an expression on his face that I wasn't too fond of. But, how do you tell your boyfriend that you didn't like a particular expression they made when you didn't even know what it was. I felt shivers crawl up my spine at his prolonged gaze. It was weird that I still wasn't completely comfortable with Luke. There was something off.

I left his car and started walking across the lot towards Piper's minivan. We were heading to the local mall to pick out clothes for tonight. I didn't see the need for new clothes, though. Everyone was waiting for me in Piper's vehicle.

"Hey, sorry I'm late guys."

"No worries Annabeth. We get it. You were with your boyfriend," Piper cooed. I rolled my eyes as her girly side started to show. Before we knew it, we were already on our way to shop: one of the things I least enjoyed.

Thalia and I started complaining as soon as we entered the mall. "Why do we have to shop? It's just a party."

"Will you girls chill. We need something good to wear for the party. This means that we have to buy new dresses."

"I am NOT wearing a dress," Thalia shrieked.

"Don't worry, Thals. We'll get you something else, but everyone else is getting a dress," Piper said boldly. Piper had a way of making people listen to her, which was why Thalia, Hazel, and I were here in the first place. Hazel was excited, though, because she wanted to look good for Frank. They started a relationship a week ago, so it was still fresh for them.

Yet, they seemed so close to each other compared to me and Luke. We never went beyond a few kisses because I would always stop it as we were in public places. While Luke insisted I come over from time to time, I refused. As I said, something was a bit off in the way he looks at me sometimes and how he would have to suddenly leave at other times.

Piper ended up spending way more time than necessary finding outfits for each of us. However, I had to admit that Piper knew what she was doing. I left the mall wearing a navy blue silk dress with white stitch designs. It was really pretty, but also classy.

The only problem with Piper's selection, I quickly realized, was that it showed a good amount of skin for a chilly December evening.

***

The party was crowded and loud. No matter where you went, a new person stepping on your feet. It didn't help that Piper made me wear strappy heels.

"Hey, Annabeth. Here's the drink you asked for. Orange soda, right?"

"Thanks, Luke," I said taking a sip of the drink. There were so much sound and people that I honestly felt uncomfortable. I was familiar with crowds but not like this. Parties were never really my forte. My head started to hurt.

"Annabeth, you don't seem too good. Do you want to go upstairs for some air or something?"

I was impressed that he noticed my discomfort. "Yes please."

My head was spinning and my mouth tasted slightly sweeter than normal, but regardless I started walking out of the crowd with Luke in tow.

Luke grabbed my hand and started taking me up the stairs. We didn't make it to a bedroom for privacy because I ended up tripping on the luxury carpet. I felt one heel come off as rough hands pulled me back onto my feet. Hands pressed into my neck and waist as lips crashed onto mine with aggression and lust.

I broke away out of shock. "Luke, what are you doing?"

"Relax, babe. This will be nothing once you make it to the other side. It'll be so much easier if you don't fight back." As his lips attacked my face and neck again, I realized what was happening and started to push back.

However, something was wrong. My body felt weaker, and I could barely function. My efforts to get him off me came back fruitless as my arms felt like jelly and my head vibrated with pain. I was drunk. No, I was roofied.

"Stop. Luke, Stop." I cried out as his lips traveled onto my chest and his hands traveled against my thighs.

His eyes locked onto my gaze again. "Stop. Stop?!" He laughed menacingly. "You don't know how long I've waited to have this. There will be no stopping until I get to your other side."

"I don't want to get to the other side with you," I hissed with venom.

I mustered as much control as possible in order to bite his hand that was on my neck. I managed to break out of his grip, but he easily grabbed me again. "You crazy bi-"

I didn't hear the rest of his sentence as the slap reverberated my cheek. I felt the bruise growing as his hands started pulling on my dress.

"No," I groaned. "Stop, please." Tears sparkled out of my eyes as helplessness came over. Suddenly, there was a lack of sensation and perception.

I opened my eyes to find Percy throwing punches at Luke, who was on the ground. I let out a whimper from the pain and shock my body was feeling. Percy turned to me, and his angry eyes softened considerably as he came over.

"Wise Girl," he whispered as one of his arms wrapped around me for support while the other touched my bruised face gently. I fell forward into his body and reveled at how warm and caring his touch and body was compared to Luke's.

"Seaweed Brain. Please, take me out of here." My speech was already slurring, my balance was tilted, and my head felt surprisingly light.

His arms were still wrapped around me as he gently whispered "Of course, Wise Girl. Don't worry, I got you."

I believed him completely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's hard to pick a least favorite character. But I really want to know your opinions. Who's your least favorite character in the PJO/HoO series? I think mine's obvious.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE: READ + VOTE + SHARE + COMMENT