Chapter 22: So, Will You?

Annabeth POV

"You're doing it wrong, Seaweed Brain," I said to Percy. We were making additional posters for the musical. The art students had already made a bunch of posters and flyers for us, and they were all over the school and our small city. But, more publicity didn't hurt. 

However, if they saw Percy's posters, it certainly would hurt. 

"What do you mean, Wise Girl? My art is beautiful," he said gesturing at his large poster and looking at me. 

"Your spelling is terrible, Percy. Your 'h" looks like a freaking 'n', and don't get me started on why the words are slanted," I exclaimed with a laugh. 

He just huffed in frustration before turning back to his poster. "You're just jealous of my abilities, Wise Girl. Now stop distracting me." 

You're the one distracting me, I thought to myself. Percy wasn't wearing a shirt because his hair was wet, and he didn't want to soak his shirt again. The visual in front of me only emphasized how hot and sexy Percy's outer appearance was. I watched as the tan muscles of his upper-body stretched and contracted as he moved around. Percy was tall, lean, and muscular in all the right proportions; years of swimming did him very well. 

I sighed before turning back to my poster. However, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't sneak several more peaks at Seaweed Brain. 

***

We had less than two weeks left before opening day. The show was falling into place, and we had our first dress rehearsal on Friday where we would go through the entire show. 

Thalia, Piper, and I decided to go shopping for some make-up products today (for the show, obviously). I used very little make-up on normal days. Mondays were usually our free days to spend time together after rehearsal. 

"Wait," a voice called out to us. 

We turned around to see a freshman boy with platinum hair and light grey eyes.

"You all are in the musical, right? My name is Bob. I was wondering if you knew someone named Percy Jackson. I think he's in the musical, too." 

"Yeah, he's our friend," Piper answered with a smile. Everyone considered each other to be really close friends now.  

"Oh, thank goodness, could you guys tell me where he is? I'm a freshman, so I can never find him. Plus, he seems to always be busy." 

That was true. Due to the musical and swimming, Percy didn't have a lot of free time to relax. Sometimes, we had to force him to go out and just have fun. The thing was that Percy liked to have fun. He was usually the life of the party, but he was very busy these days.  

"He already went home, Bob," Thalia answered. "Maybe we can give him your message." 

"That would be great. Please, tell him that Bob says thank you. Percy saved me from a bunch of bullies a few weeks back." 

I smiled. That certainly seemed like Percy. He was always so caring about everyone, even people he didn't know. 

"Also, I'm sorry if I caused him more trouble again." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Okay, you didn't hear it from me, but my bullies mentioned something about already teaching Percy a lesson once. They said that Percy would be losing more than just six weeks of swimming if they came at him again. And, then, they threatened Percy's girlfriend as well." 

Thalia, Piper, and I exchanged looks. The situation was pretty clear. Bob's bullies were the people who attacked Percy, which meant that Percy knew them and didn't tell us.