Chapter 13: Did that just happen?

Percy POV

I was fuming mad when I saw Luke forcing himself upon Wise Girl. The only thing that stopped me from smashing in his face with my punches was the visual of Annabeth. She looked bad because she was stoned. Her dress was slightly ripped, her eyes were dilated and wild, and she could barely keep her balance. 

I immediately started to take her down the stairs, but she wasn't exactly cooperating. In fact, Annabeth kept giggling and slurring about random topics a lot of which had to do with architectural design (oddly enough). Luckily, Annabeth wasn't really heavy, so it was very easy to drag and eventually carry her outside. 

I set her down carefully in front of my car as I juggled through my pockets for my keys. The keys were in my hand when Annabeth came over quite drunk and wrapped her arms around my neck. 

"Seaweed Brain," she giggled. "Has your hair always been this soft?" she asked whilst moving her fingers through my hair. Despite the situation, I couldn't help but be attracted to her. 

"Okay, Wise Girl. Why don't we get in the car and I take you to your home?" I carefully took her hands in mine and took her towards the back door of my car. I figured she could not only sleep in the back but also be less of a distraction while driving. 

"What's the rush?" she slurred. 

"Because your drunk, Wise Girl."

"No, I'm not," she exclaimed pulling out my hold. "See, I'm not drunk," she said as she attempted and failed to walk in a straight line. I caught her before she could fall. 

"Yea, okay. Why don't you get in the car?" I pulled her into the back seat and was about to close the door when she pulled me into the car. For someone with minimal coordination right now, she was surprisingly strong. 

We were both sitting in my back seat. Annabeth was laughing and giggled like a crazy person, and I paused to take her happy self in. 

She paused as her eyes locked onto mine. "Percy," she whispered before her lips came forward. I was frozen as she kissed me, but then, I started to kiss back. I don't think I could ever forget the feel of her lips against mine. If I had sprinkles of feelings for her before, it was an all-out tsunami now.

"Good kisser," she murmured and moaned into my mouth, which further excited both of us. Her body moved on top of mine as her bare thighs straddled my waist. As we kissed, I entered into a state of euphoria. A state of passion. A state as precious as gold. 

Finally, I came to my senses and realized that she was still drunk. That's why she was kissing me in the first place. And, there was a strong chance that she wouldn't even remember this. It would be taking advantage if I continued any longer. I regrettably pulled away and just stared at her beautiful face. Her intelligent eyes shone with wonder as she laid her head on my shoulder. I hugged her firmly as I took in the feel of her body pressed against mine and as I took in the kiss. 

Did that just happen?

***

I was carrying Annabeth in my arms as I stood in front of her front door, mentally debating on if I should even ring it. I knew that Annabeth didn't get along with her step-mother, so this situation would not help. However, her father should know that she was safe despite any problems they had with each other. 

It was pretty late, but I had no other choice. It only took a few seconds before a middle-aged man answered the door. Annabeth had said that he was a traveling professor, and he did have that aura around him despite being in night clothes right now. 

"Annabeth," he exclaimed surprised. He immediately threw me a glare, "who are you?"

"Hi Sir, I'm Percy Jackson. My friends, Annabeth, and I were at a party, and there was an accident. Some bast-, err horrible guy roofied her drink, so I thought it would be best to bring her home," I exclaimed as politely as possible. 

His eyes softened as he made the way so that I could carry Annabeth inside. "I'd appreciate it if you can be quiet. The kids and my wife are still asleep."

"Absolutely." 

"Is my daughter all right?" he asked as his hand stroked Annabeth's face, which was leaning against my chest. 

"She's okay, Sir. But, she was intoxicated by whatever was put in her drink." 

I didn't actually know what was in her drink, but it certainly had a strong effect. I gazed at Wise Girl, who looked so beautiful and peaceful as she slept. 

As I placed her on her bed, Mr. Chase returned with a wet cloth. I just watched as he gently cleaned her face and brushed her hair back. He seemed like a really nice man actually, so it didn't make sense that he didn't support Annabeth's pursuance of music and theatre. 

"Thanks for bringing her home. I know a lot of people would've tried to take advantage of such a horrible situation," he said with a warm smile towards me. My mind raced back to our kiss, but I quickly knocked it out. If I started thinking about that, I wouldn't stop. 

"Of course, Sir."

"Once again, Thank you, Percy. You're a good man." 

Before I stepped back out into the cold night, I turned to face him. "Mr. Chase, I hope you don't mind me asking this, but um why don't you like Annabeth's interest in music and theatre? She is quite incredible at it."

His face suddenly turned serious at me. 

"I, I'm sorry," I said before turning back around. 

"It's not a stable job to have. I don't want my beautiful daughter to build up her hopes only to be crushed. Annabeth has dreams of creating something permanent, but the chance of her getting that in the field of musical theater is very slim."

He sighed before continuing: "My girl's already been crushed when she watched her mother slowly fade away. She doesn't need it again at an older, more conscious, age."

I didn't know about how her mother passed away, just that she did. It must've been rough to lose her mother to a slow illness. To watch it happen painfully.  

"Sir, I understand that. But, Annabeth is slightly stubborn, but rightfully so. She is incredibly talented, and she would be even more amazing with the support of a loving father."

Surprisingly, he was listening to me with intensity in his eyes. 

"Annabeth loves and respects you very much, Sir. She talks about how you used to support her mother with every career venture she made. Annabeth wants and needs that as well, Sir, even if she's too proud to say it."

"I've never thought about it from her perspective, but I suppose I should." 

He smiled warmly, "She is following her dreams. Like I did, and like her mother did. Annabeth is so much like her mother: passionate, strong, intelligent, and beautiful."

"Yes, she is," I said with a smile of my own as I thought about all the things I loved about Annabeth. Even the things I hate, I loved. 

Mr. Chase looked at me with a certain glaze. It was enough to make heat rise up to my cheeks. 

"I, um, I should get going, Sir."

"Once again, thank you, Percy."

I simply nodded before heading to my car to go home. For the rest of the night, my mind and body were buzzing with the feel of Annabeth's skin and lips. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope you guys are enjoying this story because I am enjoying writing it.  This is my first Wattpad story, so thank you all for the amazing support. 

PLEASE,  PLEASE,  PLEASE:  READ  +  SHARE  +  VOTE  +  COMMENT