Chapter 22<3

3rd person POV

"She needs sleep. She should meet Amber first, then get some sleep and then when she wakes up we talk but we can't hold her back from Marcel. That's not our place." Arlen whispers to Arkin

"I agree, I think she will need Amber tonight." Arkin nods

Raven has been asleep in Arkin's lap for the past 2 hours of the drive. She didn't want to feel pain so she just slept, but she also was just emotionally exhausted.

The twins weren't good with comforting so they were grateful to be able to talk about what to do while she slept.

They knew how to comfort her physically such as rubbing her back, cuddling, giving her food and such but they didn't see that appropriate after what she had just found out.

"Remind me why we aren't questioning what kind of ties Amber has with Raven?" Arkin whispered

"Because it's none of our business, we both know Amber means no harm to Raven."

Soon they had pulled up To Amber's house so they knew it was time to wake Raven.

Arlen whispered sweet nothings in Ravens ear as Arkin rubbed small circles in her back, slowly waking her up.

She sat up and looked around, not saying a word. She didn't feel like talking, and she was already in a world of her own.

 She didn't feel like talking, and she was already in a world of her own

Ravens outfit ^

Soon, Amber's mansion came into view. Ravens eyes were scanning her surroundings for any and every exit possible.

Her trust had just been broken so she was on high alert, not that she didn't trust the twins but when trust is broken, it makes people defensive and more aware than before.

Amber's mansion ^

As soon as they pulled up to the front of the house, a woman in her late 40's maybe early 50's walked out of the house. She had auburn hair down to her hip with light beach waves. She stood at about 5'5 and piercing forest green eyes.

The woman watched as Raven stepped out of the car with the twins.

Raven was too busy looking around to notice the woman smiling at her and watching her. Arlen put his hand on the small of Ravens back, making her jump and come out of whatever world she was in.

"Raven...this is Amber, she is a long time friend of ours and the one who has Marcel in her......hands should you say." Arkin spoke besides Raven.

"That and I was your nanny and your mother's girlfriend." Amber whispered the last part but Raven still heard it.

Ravens head snapped in the direction of Amber's, making direct eye contact. The twins drew in a sharp breath, not knowing that had caught them off guard.

"I've watched over you ever since you had escaped your father. Your mother wished for me to keep you safe and in my line of vision after she passed. Marcel is not the threat you should entirely be concerned of right now.

But, it's getting cold and I'm sure you need something to eat and to get settled in, we can talk more about this over some hot coco or tea." Amber softly smiled at Raven.

Raven could only nod at Amber. She was so tired emotionally, physically and mentally. She just couldn't bring herself to process anymore.

Raven was escorted in the mansion by some random guard while Amber talked to both the twins. She could sense something was off about Raven and it wasn't just because Raven was tired.

"What happened before you left?" Amber looked at both of the men in front of her.

"Jaxon came back reeking of another woman and alcohol but yet acted as if he had done nothing wrong. We sent her to go pack a bag and confronted him while she did that, he admitted to cheating on her when he was supposed to be looking for her. We didn't know it but Raven was around the corner and heard every bit of it, not to mention she was ready to kill Marcel but you took him before the plan could go through." Arkin grumbled

Amber nodded, now understanding Ravens attitude and body language.

•••

Raven laid on her bed, facing the ceiling, just thinking. She missed Tyler and his little laughs and giggles. She missed the yelling of 'MOMMYYYY' whenever she got home or the times he would crawl in bed with her and cuddle for the night. She just missed her son and rightfully so.

Raven was pulled out of her thoughts when a knock sounded from the other side of her door. She took a deep breath and called for them to come in.

Amber walked through the door and closed in behind her before sitting at the edge of the bed next to Raven.

"Your mom would have been proud of you." Amber said softly

"I wish I could meet her now, see what she was like but she just......was gone too soon." Raven mumbled

Amber nodded, understanding Ravens pain and wishes.

"Your mother....she had a gang. Not a mafia, but a gang that was split up in California, Italy, Washington and France. Now you may ask why, but it was for the protection of you so if you had to go into hiding, the part from Italy could take you to either place and she would have people there to protect you. She left her gang to me and I've been protecting and watching over you ever since. Marcel has been nothing but a bastard and I know he would have used what happened with your father and your triggers against you, I couldn't let that happen and there's more to it than just home but we can talk about that tomorrow, I just wanted to come in and say a few things and say good night." Amber sighed at the end.

Before anything else could be said or done, Raven hugged Amber, almost desperately.

Amber smiled and rubbed Ravens back, giving her some comfort which Raven appreciated.

"Grazie per avermi protetto e reso felice mia madre. Ti amo e so che ti amava anche lei." (Thank you for protecting me and making my mother happy. I love you and I know she loved you also.) Raven whispered in Amber's ear.

Amber stood up and kissed Raven on top of her head and whispering and 'I love you too' before bidding her good night.

A/N: How are y'all doing?