Chapter 28<3

A/N: Y'all remember that dancing scene when I had a song for it and told you when to play it? Yeah get ready for that this chapter.

(Updated the song so it's available)

3rd person POV

Ravens dress^

Raven sits in silence with Lizzy besides her. The twins have stayed back at the mansion to just relax while Lizzy and Raven head to the gala that they attended every year.

"Are the guards in their positions?" Raven asked strictly into the phone. She received a quick 'yes ma'am' and hung up the phone.

Raven slumped back in her seat, looking out the limousine's window....

~Flash Back~
Ravens POV

I sat in the bay of a window, over looking the school courtyard with a book in my lap. I watched as happy couples laid in eachothers embrace and groups of friends sat it circles, talking. But only one person truly caught my attention.

It was a girl, with tear stained cheeks and red eyes. She watched the retreating form of what looked to be a football player walking away from her. You could see his body was tense and whatever had just happened wasn't easy for him either.

I watched as she crumbled to her knees, looking like she was ready to beg for him to come back. But I also couldn't ignore the voice in the back of my head calling her weak for letting someone hurt her so deeply.

~End of Flash Back~

Raven sighed, rubbing her temples. They still had quite a bit to go on the drive so she plugged in her headphones and played I Found by Amber Run. Raven leaned her head back and closed her eyes.

(Start the song now)
~Flash Back~

Jaxon threw me on the bed, as I landed on my back giggling, feathers from the pillows flew up into the air.

He pounced on top of me, with feathers all over his hair and a goofy smile on his face.

I quickly ducked under his arm and ran out of the bedroom, giggling like a 5 year old, and of course he ran after me.

We had run around the apartment for a few minutes before he snatched me up and dropped me on the couch, pinning me beneath him.

"Say it!" He whispered

"Never!" I giggled

"Say it's us, forever!" Jaxon whispered

"It's us, forever!" I whispered back before slamming my lips onto his.

~End of Flash Back~

A tear slipped from Ravens eye as she recalled some of her favorite memories. How she wished she could have that young innocent love again.

~Flash back~
I grabbed Jaxons hand, pulling him along the side walks of the city. It was 1 am on a summer night, so I dragged him around the gorgeous city with me.

"Come on! Hurry up!" I told Jaxon

"I'm coming woman! Slow down!" He chuckled

From this point, you could see the beautiful city in the reflection of the water. It was beautiful.

Jaxon wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered in my ear.

"I love you"

~End of Flash Back~

Raven choked back her cries and swallowed her tears. It was hard. Jaxon was someone who brought her so much happiness back then, and now.....it just wasn't the same. He just brought pain.

Raven quietly whispered the lyrics to the song.

"And I found love where it wasn't supposed to be
Right in front of me, talk some sense to me."

~Flash Back~

I stood to the side, leaned up against a wall as I watched Jaxon form afar. He had this million dollar smile on his face as he ran after one of his friends on the football field.

One of his friends had invited us to a cookout with his family so we accepted.

The kids loved him, just as he did them. This one little girl loved sitting on his shoulders, pretending she was flying around like an airplane. That little flicker of adoration in his eyes when he would play with the kids was adorable.

I thought about what it would be like to have a family with him. What kind of father he would be.

But he belonged no where near the darkness I would eventually have to go back to.

~End of Flash Back~

The driver called out to Raven, letting her know they would be arriving soon. Within 10 minutes to be exact. She sighed and let the song continue in her headphones, echoing in her mind as so many memories flashed through her mind.

She loved the twins....she truly did but that love did not take away the pain of her lost love.

Thoughts swirled in her mind.

Was she for that love again?

Could she give that to them?

What was best for her? She was a mother and Donna after all. She had to think of that first.

"Lizzy, hand me a gun please."

Lizzy handed Raven a pistol and the both secured it in a holster strapped to their upper thighs.

"Who are we aiming for tonight?" Lizzy asked

"Christian Anderson. His company has gone up in the stock market by 10 million within just 4 months. He runs a high tech company and his software is to the utmost security. I want that. So we are after him tonight. He has light green eyes, jet black hair and stands at 6'5 with a nice bulging muscles so he won't be hard to miss but he will be tricky to persuade."

"Got it."

Raven hummed in acknowledgment, throwing back some whiskey just as they pulled up to the event.

A/N: I'm so sorry y'all. I'm back though, for good :) I recently fractured my arm and a whole bunch of other things but I'm back. I wouldn't leave this book unfinished:)