Chapter 26 <3

3rd person POV

"Mommy.......Mommyyyy!!!..............MOMMY!!!!!!!" Tyler whines in attempt to wake up Raven that eventually works.

"Yes baby?" Raven grumbles

"Breakfast please?" Tyler smile

"Of course....just a few more minutes of cuddling, alright?" Raven says softly to Tyler who just nods.

Meanwhile....

Jaxon sat at his desk in his study, trying to work but he couldn't clear his mind of Raven. He had called her, texted her, emailed her, wrote to her but he was blocked on everything and his letters just got sent back to him.

He knew he fucked up, but he didn't have the chance to explain.

But how do you explain that you fucked someone that looked like the one you loved because you were careless with your amount of drinks and wanted a release? You can't. There's nothing that makes that except-able in any way and Jaxon knew that.

Jaxon was in a state of self-loathing, hating himself for losing the best person who had come in his life.

Dante had been on the receiving end of Jaxons madness, but was also the only one Jaxon tolerated in his current state. Jaxon hadn't even let Zoe see him, not wanting to disappoint his little sister.

Ravens POV

I smiled as I watched Tyler play out in the field with Amber's pit bull. He needed to be distracted while I dealt with Marcel for the last time. Laura and Elias decided to go walk on the beach before we all sat down to talk.

Arkin and Arlen were also out playing with Tyler, keeping him busy and Amber was walking down to the cells with me. No speaking, but we both knew it was the end of the road for Marcel.

I opened the door to Marcels cell, smiling at the pitiful state he was in.

"Tsk Tsk Tsk Marcel you do look so pitiful. But then again, you are nothing but mud under my shoes at this point.

How does it feel? How does it feel to have your power stripped of you and sit here in nothing but a pile of misery? I would much rather keep you alive and have you go through this every day but I'm not even that cruel. Today is the day you meet your maker."

I waited for a reply but got nothing so i just snapped his neck and sighed. At least he was now out of the problem. The Russians are who I gotta deal with.

Marcel had teamed up with the Russians in some way and gained their allegiance, meaning they were now a problem. They may out number us but their training is sloppy and their leader is soft.

I watched Tyler from the window above the sing as I washed my hands. He looked happy, free and alive. I hoped that his birth parents would understand that if he doesn't want to rule the kingdom, they can't force him. Tyler is also still a damn kid. He should see the world and learn about it instead of what damn for to use.

I know that he wouldn't want to take over my mafia too but that also might change. I would never force him down a path he didn't want though. That just wasn't me as a parent.

I was too busy being lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that the twins were behind me until I felt Arlens arms around my waist and Arkin stepped in front of me.

"Ты готов скоро вернуться домой?" Arkin asked while looking down into my eyes.
(Are you ready to go home soon?)

"Ещё несколько дней, и мы можем. Куда ты пойдёшь?" I replied softly.
(Few more days and we can go. Where will you be going?)

"Куда бы мы ни пошли. Мы хотим быть с тобой, но уважай и твои желания. Но мы просим вас дать нам шанс. Одна неделя, чтобы показать тебе, каково это — быть с нами." Arlen whispered in my ear.
(Where ever you would like us to go. We want to be with you but respect your wishes too. We ask that you give us a chance though. One week to show you what it's like to be with us.)

"I can agree to that but it won't be happening for at least a month or two. When things settle down we can do it but I wanna be able to enjoy that week." I whispered back.

Arkin's hand came up and cupped my cheek, stroking it with his thumb. I closed my eyes and nuzzled into his hand, enjoying the warmth.

"How about we all go play with Tyler for a bit, yeah?" Arlen said from over my shoulder. I just nodded in agreement.

•••

Tyler sat on my lap as Elias and Laura sat opposite of us. Tyler was a little tired but this was a conversation he needed to be here for.

"Alright, let's get one thing straight going into this conversation, if Tyler doesn't want to rule you kingdom you will not make him. First born or not, he does not have to do something he doesn't want to. Y'all can have another child, and maybe she or he could take over. If Tyler says no, it means no." I looked them both in the eyes.

"And if he changes his mind?"

"Then he can go all out for it but he will not be forced."

"Fine."

"Glad we understand each other."

3rd person POV

Raven laid Tyler down for bed. She stepped into her bathroom as her phone rang with an unknown number on its screen. Raven, being curious, hit answer and put it up to her ear.

"Hello?" She asked, staring at herself in the mirror.

"Raven, baby, you finally answered!"

"Jaxon-

"Listen. Let me explain!"

"Jaxon!-

"Raven I didn't mean to! I shouldn't have! You are the best person to come into my life and, and-

"JAXON! STOP! JUST STOP!"

"I'm so sorry." He whispered gravely

"Please don't lie to me and say that."

"A man doesn't lie."

"A man also doesn't cheat."

Silence cascaded between the two. Trapping them in such a sad state of truth.

"Raven-

"I lost you to your poor decisions but I will not also lose myself to my own poor decisions. You met me in the darkness and lit the fire to keep me warm, but I will not let you also be the one to hold the bucket of water over that fire. I see the sun and I no long need your flame that only burn for so long."

Ravens heart dropped into her stomach the same way a glass vase falls to the floor, shattering to pieces.
With nothing to put it back together, she moved on and ignored the aching pain.