Chapter 29<3

3rd person POV

Jaxon rolled his eyes as his plus one to this stupid event had flirted with yet another business associate. He wanted nothing more than to not be here.

"Jaxon!" A voice called out, dragging his attention to behind him. It was yet another old business associate that wanted to "talk to him" about making deals a what not.

"Ahh Trevor! How are ya buddy?" Jaxon asked with faked enthusiasm.

"Good, good. I actually wanted you to meet my grand daughter! She-" before the man could say anything further, everyone went dead silent. All eyes were at the top of the stairs where two beautiful women stood.

All the men were drooling while their plus ones and dates stared in envy. As the two women walked down the stairs case, Jaxon locked on one of them and knew exactly who it was. Raven.

~Flash Back~

"Come near me or my family again and I won't hesitate to shoot you in the foot."

~End of Flash Back~

But this was fair ground.....right? Jaxon was tempted to walk up to Raven but maybe it was best to give her some space right now. She was currently talking to some fellow women who were also CEO's with a polite smile on her face.

As Raven was talking with the women she felt a tap on her shoulder. As Raven spun around she came face to face with none other than Ms.Lancaster, someone who had been a foul enemy in the past.

"Ahhh Layla, how are you?" Raven asked

"Raven you know that's not my name, it's Laynee."

"Yes but Layla is much prettier, no?"

Raven loved getting little digs at her like this. Mrs. Lancaster had been nothing but a snake in the past. So, of course, Raven loved to irritate her.

"No. It's not. It's a shame you were also named after a god awful bird though."

"Why is it a god awful bird when it is yet so powerful and intelligent? Much more than I can say for you. Una scimmia è più intelligente è più puzza di te ma non sei pronta quella conversazione." (A monkey is smarter and better smelling than you but you are not ready for that conversation)

Raven walked away to grab a glass of wine, knowing she would need it to get through the rest of the night.

~An hour later~

Raven had grown tired and Lizzy was off....doing whatever Lizzy does. Raven had been offered to dance by many but had accepted few.

"Whatever you do, don't shoot me in the foot or any body part for that matter please. This is fair ground and I had no knowledge beforehand that you would be here." A familiar voice had said besides Raven. She didn't even have to look to know who it was.

"Even if I could hurt you in some way right now I have no energy to. I also have no energy nor willingness to hear excuses come out your mouth so I ask you refrain from saying anything along those lines or leave me be."

"I can respect that."  Jaxon held out his hand for Raven. "Dance with me?" 

Reluctantly, Raven placed her hand in his just as the next song started. (Start song above)

Raven hummed along to the song, remembering it from the movie Tangled that Aria used to love to watch.

"Your birthday is soon." Jaxon said in a hushed tone.

"That it is." Raven said with a sigh.

"How is Tyler?"

"He is...well I guess you could say. It hasn't been easy for any of us, this arrangement that is but he is doing well."

"I miss him."

"We all do."

"Raven, I won't spew bullshit to your ears now but I will ask and only ask once. Please give me a time and hear me out. Let me tell you the whole story. Please?"

"Maybe."

Raven was no only tired but heavily irritated and over stressed, not all of it being Jaxons fault though.

"You are thinking too much." Jaxon suddenly spoke.

"When am I not? You should know that my mind never stops working."

"Let's change that."

Jaxon grabbed Raven by the waist an lifted her up just as the music starts to pick up. A small smile appeared on her face. Setting her back down on her feet and spinning her into another's arms. Making her mind stop for just a small amount of time but some time none the less.

The man whose arms she was spun into, she was spun right out of and back to Jaxon. Just as the song ended she was dipped like all the other women who had danced. As she was brought up, she was about to say yes to Jaxon but got cut off by a tap on her shoulder.

Spinning around, she came face to face with Jeremy.